4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Steeda Tri Ax or MGW short shifter?

Old 07-20-2010, 07:42 AM
devongarver
5th Gear Member

LMAO. OK Hoss, if you say so.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:57 AM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

Before I begin, I must say, that you two are definitely overdue to change each of your tampons.....Although it is pretty funny reading two of the most knowledgable guys on the forum bicker like b*tches towards each other!!

I agree w/ both.. the quadrant DOES flex, and is a sh*tty quadrant if its stock. How do I know? B/c I'm dealing with it myself. Hoss is right that it is a hell of alot easier to bang through the gears w/ a good short throw (ex. Pro5.0, Tri-ax, MGW, etc) Buttttt, Hoss are you going to tell me that I don't know how to drive either?! I have a Steeda Tri-ax and sometimes running through the gears it's easy to miss third. Now, will either of you ladies care to help a brother out by telling me where I can find a replacement for the sh*tty stock quadrant??
Old 07-20-2010, 08:02 AM
devongarver
5th Gear Member

I prefer Tampax, Hoss what brand do you use? Cuz MINE is better! Hahahaha!

Ice, as far as a replacement, I got the steeda kit to replace mine if I recall...it was like 80-90$ i think...cable, cable adjuster, quadrant all in one kit. I did however look through my parts the other day, and i realized I have the aftermarket steeda cable installed, and the OEM one in my box of goodies. The reason being, now that i remember, is that the OEM cable would not work with the Steeda Firewall adjuster...I am trying to remember why but, I digress...it has left my mind for good I fear...
Old 07-20-2010, 08:07 AM
devongarver
5th Gear Member

Ok here is a link for a kit similar to mine it looks like. They have install guides halfway down the page too.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:11 AM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

So Steeda sells a kit that includes the clutch cable, clutch quadrant and cable adjuster all in one ehh...? What can you tell me about it? How does the clutch feel? I realize I will have to replace my clutch sometime this year, especially during the big winter project, but I'm looking to just fix this BS quadrant problem now and will probably just pick up that Steeda kit if it's worth it.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:04 AM
DarkShadow04
3rd Gear Member

since i replaced my clutch and had my tranny rebuilt ive had no issues goin into third...only time i did was before the tranny went, hope its not the sam situation for u =/ my clutch was also was down to bare metal so im sure that didnt help...new clutch before u blow ur trans! (according to my experience lol)
Old 07-20-2010, 09:33 AM
devongarver
5th Gear Member

I think UPR has several selections as well. Just shop around. Darkshadow reaffirms the point that there could be outlying issues, not just the OP's driving abilities...
Old 07-20-2010, 09:48 AM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

Darkshadow were you referring to me when you mentioned possibly tranny being on its way out?
Old 07-20-2010, 11:08 AM
kugzgt
5th Gear Member

op if your missing 3rd 9 out of 10 times with a tri ax, ur syncro has gotta be shot, or you should seriously consider an automatic
Old 07-20-2010, 11:15 AM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

kugzgt are you going to be at the AM show buddy?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Steeda Tri Ax or MGW short shifter?