4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Cops turn a 03 Cobra into a undercover police car.

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 02:42 PM
jwog666
5th Gear Member

every body complains but thats the law, dont break it and no problems. seems pretty simple to me.
Old 07-22-2010, 03:55 PM
CSCar23
1st Gear Member

they have one white 03 svt undercover in miami-dade area.
Old 07-22-2010, 04:00 PM
Blk003GT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jwog666
every body complains but thats the law, dont break it and no problems. seems pretty simple to me.
Still dosent mean the law is rigtht. As in ya its the law but they shouldn't be able to do its not right
Old 07-22-2010, 04:17 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

That's because the "Law" IS STUPID!! In Texas (where I am) for example. There used to be a violation for "Racing" which was a stiff penalty and possible jail time. Then there was a violatin for "Exhibition of Acceleration" which spinning tires, etc which was a ticket.

Then Fast&Furious morons and all the negative media they seem to attract started acting like fools andthe new "Street Racing" laws went into effectand the "Exhibition of Acceleration" violation was abolished.

Now enter the big uprise concering "Racial Profiling" which forced Law Enforcement to mandate specific documentation be obtained andreported on every traffic stop which is a PAIN IN THE A$$!!!

So STAY WITH ME. You squeal your tires and you get pulled over. Now, the Officer has to either issue you a citation or a warning or take you to jail. So, he 's a nice guy and wants to give a warning, BUT WAIT.........for what? Exhibition of acceleration? Nope not applicable anymore, so the only other thing that is a violation is "Street Racing" which means you go to jail..UUGGHH
Old 07-22-2010, 04:34 PM
MineralGrey
3rd Gear Member

The problem is we just keep sitting back and allowing them to continue to enforce more and more laws onto us. Its stupid, I love the old saying "take it to the track!" the problem is alot of places don't have tracks, for instance the closest drag strip is 2.5hour drive and the closest road course is 3hr drive. If there's no one around and your really not bothering anyone then I don't see why its such a problem. I agree if you decide to be a moron in the wrong places you get big fines and or lose your license but not take your car thats just stepping over the line. The reality is no matter what they do it will never go away people will always find a way to do what they love.
Old 07-22-2010, 04:42 PM
Explosive

I think they did a horrible job masking those cars. I'm from Michigan and we don't have many crazy cop cars running around me but when I went to Indiana they had a S197 cop car that looked nothing like a police car. No antennas on the roof or any of that. It had this one little holographic sticker on the quarter window. He would just sit on the shoulder of the road and wait. It was scary. But in the article, I would see the radar, the random antennas and lights. And if the driver has anything close to something that resembles a uniform on forget it.
Old 07-22-2010, 04:56 PM
Kerns
4th Gear Member

Pretty sure if I lived in NC and I saw flashing red and blue lights after/during a street race I would just keep the thin pedal down. No point in pulling over just to get your car taken away.
Old 07-22-2010, 05:35 PM
smitty2919
5th Gear Member

About time something like this happened lol I don't see the justification of taking the car though. A big ticket or maybe a little jail time...but taking the car?

So you get thrown in jail, car taken away, and on top of any fees etc that goes into the jail time you come out only to not have a car and to have to pay for another one IF you have a license.

But again it is the law NOT to street race. You get caught it is your own damn fault.
Old 07-22-2010, 05:47 PM
Explosive

Originally Posted by Kerns
Pretty sure if I lived in NC and I saw flashing red and blue lights after/during a street race I would just keep the thin pedal down. No point in pulling over just to get your car taken away.

Thats probably a dumb enough reason to work.

Guy takes off, runs a red light trying to escape, T-bones a car. Kills some innocent people. Guy wakes up in hospital they ask why he ran. I didn't want my car to be taken away. They get enough geniuses pulling **** like that it'd probably change.
Old 07-22-2010, 11:14 PM
sonicx
speed'n

Originally Posted by MineralGrey
The problem is we just keep sitting back and allowing them to continue to enforce more and more laws onto us. Its stupid, I love the old saying "take it to the track!" the problem is alot of places don't have tracks, for instance the closest drag strip is 2.5hour drive and the closest road course is 3hr drive. If there's no one around and your really not bothering anyone then I don't see why its such a problem. I agree if you decide to be a moron in the wrong places you get big fines and or lose your license but not take your car thats just stepping over the line. The reality is no matter what they do it will never go away people will always find a way to do what they love.
DARN STRAIGHT!!!

Originally Posted by 1SLO85
Street Racing Laws SUCK, but DUMBA$$ Fast&Furious wannabes (for which this law was initiated) driving like MORONS SUCK even more.
Here is the real reason.... well an example to prove your point:

LAMFO!

Last edited by sonicx; 07-22-2010 at 11:17 PM.

Quick Reply: Cops turn a 03 Cobra into a undercover police car.