4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Cops turn a 03 Cobra into a undercover police car.

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 02:35 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

Originally Posted by 98redstang
+1 this is what i think too
They can confiscate the vehicle if said vehicle is used in the commission of a crime.
Old 07-23-2010, 03:28 PM
darknight04
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 945LSTANG
im sorry, but this has to be coming from the mouth of a dumbass.
Well apparently your the voice of reason, tell me why you think im a dumb ***.
Old 07-23-2010, 04:05 PM
budders
4th Gear Member

I doubt they got reimbursed for their cars.

In charlotte theres gotta be some type of prior warning for them to take your car. Say X amounts of tickets, X Amount of POINTS on your license, X amounts of visits to court, maybe the judge said "If you get caught street racing one more time (on top of the past X times) then we WILL take your car.

Thats honestly how i think these cars got taken away. does anybody else agree with me?
Old 07-23-2010, 04:09 PM
darknight04
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by darknight04
Never mind, I dont really care, You obviously cant have a rational coversation. Being the new guy on the block ill step back..
Old 07-23-2010, 04:40 PM
Xyron
1st Gear Member

I can't decide if it would be better or worse to have your car taken to be used as an undercover cop car, or in CA where they just take your car and smash it into a cube. At least you get to watch.
Old 07-23-2010, 06:56 PM
mestit3
2nd Gear Member

I really want to know what "street racing" is according to the police. I highly doubt you will ever get anything but a ticket or maybe like a 90 day license suspension at most from doing a 0-70 with another guy from a red light. Now if you're doing actual fast and furious type ****, then yeah, I wouldn't be offended by them crushing your car.
Old 07-23-2010, 07:21 PM
MineralGrey
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by uberstang1
Ill probably get flammed with this one. I don't agree with anyone loosing their car over a street race, but it is the law and I know at face value people will call it a stupid law. But say people street racing, regardless of the cars or people driving them, loose control of their car and smash into a 35 year old single mom driving her 6 year old daughter home from school and the mother and or daughter gets killed? or a 8 year old boy runs infront of the street and you're driving to fast to stop intime and hit the child and he dies. The bottom line is someone died, someone lost a child or a child lost a parent or a wife lost a husband, now the law doesn't seem stupid especially for the ones that lost a loved one.
sure but texting while driving i think is just as dangerous and so it running a red light and picking up stuff that falls in your car while driving, eating while driving a standard, talking on the phone with out a hands free device. I am not flaming you I agree people should be penalized for being stupid but no matter what but life is a gamble just as soon as you walk out the door.
Old 07-23-2010, 07:35 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by darknight04
because you said you'd destroy your credit to screw the cop over.

dumbassery....
Old 07-23-2010, 10:40 PM
sonicx
speed'n

does someone honestly know who could answer my last post?
Old 07-24-2010, 08:48 AM
kast1376
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mestit3
I really want to know what "street racing" is according to the police. I highly doubt you will ever get anything but a ticket or maybe like a 90 day license suspension at most from doing a 0-70 with another guy from a red light. Now if you're doing actual fast and furious type ****, then yeah, I wouldn't be offended by them crushing your car.
I would guess that it would depend on the cop, what state, and the speed limit on the street you were doing it on.

Here in Sacramento (might be the rest of CA too, but I do not know) 25 over the speed limit is reckless. This usually involves a person going to jail for the night, the car being impounded, and whatever the judge hands out when you go to court.

Some cities out here will take your car as well. Down in So Cal. they were crushing confiscated street racer's cars.

A DUI here will run you about 10k in fees, fines, court costs, etc... and 30 days (I think) with a suspended license. Not to mention your car ins. sky rockets.

I think I am in the minority here, but if you get caught street racing and your car is confiscated, boo hoo. You knew the risk, and you lost. Take your medicine like a man.

Quick Reply: Cops turn a 03 Cobra into a undercover police car.