4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Thanks American Muscle

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 12:18 AM
Cbraspd SVT

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3175494/3

Link to the pics...I had posted this thread in the AM section (after being told they had a section- Im not on hear much) and had put this link there, that's why it wasn't in this thread. (fyi)
Old 07-24-2010, 09:13 AM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

So who is sending you this new catback? If AM is sending it to you, its because they are being reimbursed from Magnaflow to send you the new catback because this is not their problem to deal with. The manufacture built the part wrong and AM sold it. AM is a dealer for Magnaflow and they buy the part and then sell it for Magnaflow. So while AM sells it, its ultimately Magnaflow's product to fix, not AM's. If you bought your exhaust through a local dealer and you had a fitment issue, you would call them asking if there was a way they could put you in contact with someone from Magnaflow that could help you. You wouldnt say "its your fault my exhaust doesnt fit. FIX IT!" Thats pretty much what you did to AM and they didnt make the product or package it. They sold it so they are supposed to put you in contact with Magnaflow but after that it is out of their hands. I think what Magnaflow was wanting to happen was for AM to accept the catback as a return and then deal with them rather than the customer and since it was not in accordance with AM's return policy it was a grey area and the people you talk to on the phone dont have the authority to authorize the return of a product outside of the return policy. Now the reason it is probably getting taken care of now is because you made this thread. I will agree to that. But the reason being that Magnaflow might have burned a bridge with one of their largest volume dealers in the country probably if they didnt resolve this issue because it really had nothing to do with AM.

And BTW, I know Fastlane Motorsports is supposed to be THE Mustang shop in NC, but magnaflow's designs are somewhat modular in the fact that the muffler isnt attached(welded) to the piping that connects the muffler to the midpipe. And it looks to me that that pipe is rotated wrong and if you spun that piece of piping clockwise 45-90 degrees that it would fit fine. Thats just what I see from the pics anyways. And it also looks like the driver's side midpipe-to-muffler piece could be rotated counter clockwise 90 degrees as well. This is just what I see though. I may be wrong but I believe that the clamps that bolt the catback to the midpipe are not welded on there so this would allow the rotation necessary. I'm sure they tried everything but that just looks like such a simple fix to me. Sorry for the rant, but it just really ticks me off to see a middle man that was doing what they could do get burned because a manufacture was being stubborn.

Last edited by teej281; 07-24-2010 at 09:21 AM.
Old 07-24-2010, 09:16 AM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stone629
I agree and understand exactly what you are saying, Purple. I too have been nothing but satisfied with AM's performance and customer service. IMO, Cbraspd may of just gotten hold of a bad rep, or maybe a good rep that was misinformed. Either way, Emily got to the bottom of it and has earned AM yet another satisfied customer. I feel sure this was an isolated event.
Stoney I was hammered when I wrote that. Fck. LMAO.
Old 07-25-2010, 02:55 AM
Cbraspd SVT

Look, when you say "they" you also mean STONE and myself bc we all were brainstorming on this issue...We had to Jerry rig that side. Thats why that side looks jacked up. When we lined up the pipe itself -just from the muffler back with the muffler taken out- and used the supplied bracket, it pointed the end of the pipe into the trunk. That was without the muffler even in the picture. We took it out just to see if the pipe worked fitment wise, which it didnt, not at all, not one bit.

Does that make sense? I dont know how to describe it any more clearly.

If I had bought a kit from Fastlane and it was wrong, HELL YES Id tell them to make it rite and expect nothing less.

I really dig the sound of the Magnapacks and want them on my Cobra. When people ask what type of exhaust I have I am proud to say Magnaflow.

I didn't pay Magnaflow, I paid AM.

AM doesnt have this kit in stock currently so Magnaflow is going to ship one to me and then Ill ship the one I have back so they can see whats up.

If you bought a gallon of milk and got home and it was spoiled, would you take it back to the grocery store or the factory that processed it?

...and if Magnaflow continues to box and send out wrong parts and not fix their mistakes...then they are burning THEIR OWN bridges. I bet Magnaflow is asking their hotline techs if they have had any other calls like mine about now too.

I really appreciate that AM has stepped up for me.

Last edited by Cbraspd SVT; 07-25-2010 at 03:01 AM.
Old 07-25-2010, 05:01 AM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Guys stop the bickering! Cant we all be friends, lol!. Just wanted to say, that I am glad this issue has been resloved. I didn't read all of the posts to this thread but I'm pretty sure AM put a little heat on MagnaFlow to get this issue, that the OP had, taken care of.. That's why (if I can) only deal with AM. They have great customer service, fast shipping, damn AM how about a discount? I'm pouring it on pretty thick for you guys here!!
Old 07-25-2010, 10:21 AM
HasABetterSN
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by teej281

And BTW, I know Fastlane Motorsports is supposed to be THE Mustang shop in NC, but magnaflow's designs are somewhat modular in the fact that the muffler isnt attached(welded) to the piping that connects the muffler to the midpipe. And it looks to me that that pipe is rotated wrong and if you spun that piece of piping clockwise 45-90 degrees that it would fit fine. Thats just what I see from the pics anyways. And it also looks like the driver's side midpipe-to-muffler piece could be rotated counter clockwise 90 degrees as well. This is just what I see though. I may be wrong but I believe that the clamps that bolt the catback to the midpipe are not welded on there so this would allow the rotation necessary. I'm sure they tried everything but that just looks like such a simple fix to me. Sorry for the rant, but it just really ticks me off to see a middle man that was doing what they could do get burned because a manufacture was being stubborn.

I know I wasnt there, but the Fastlane guys are top notch every time theyve worked on my car, I doubt they made a mistake on something as simple as a catback system.

Regardless, I hope this all resolves quickly now OP.