4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

First car help

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 11:08 AM
Explosive

Originally Posted by Mr Graystang
^ true, I had a 350 S-10 as my first and that was **** until I got into mustangs. I had that thing painted flat black with gold dayton rims, the high school girlies loved it. I sold it and bought a fox and it was blue oval ever since. Still if you have your heart set on a new edge even tho I say do a fox lol then go for it. Your mod list is smart and budget friendly as well, keep in mind that no matter how fast your ride is there will be another and many more faster. Remember that and you will enter the car performance scene with alot more discipline and respect (ever wonder why no one likes civic and Redline drivers ? lol).
Yup, I loved my first truck. 2WD with the 5.4 was a tire eating machine. This was at the start of my senior year of highschool. Just before I sold it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5ANRVvfQEg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3DHrRPA98c

That truck got the burnouts of my system though. Good times.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:15 AM
I Love Ricers

Not the case, I could probably get something faster than the GT with more HP, but I love the 99-04 body style on the Mustangs and it does have a lot of kick too no doubt, but not just about HP. Like I said i've always loved Mustangs and the way they look, dont mind the HP either lol, but all in all I understand about driving fast where I shouldn't, being a responsable driver and respecting the car.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:27 AM
Strange Agent
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by I Love Ricers
Not the case, I could probably get something faster than the GT with more HP, but I love the 99-04 body style on the Mustangs and it does have a lot of kick too no doubt, but not just about HP. Like I said i've always loved Mustangs and the way they look, dont mind the HP either lol, but all in all I understand about driving fast where I shouldn't, being a responsable driver and respecting the car.
You surely could with a Fox, but I believe in your original post you mentioned something about a Camaro or some such nonsense.

I agree on the uber New Edge styling.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:31 AM
I Love Ricers

Yeah, well the Camaro is pretty dirty man no lie but it is alot heavier and the car is ugly as hell IMO and of course there is alot of stuff about the Camaro that you might not like that is not written down as someone said earlier. I will test drive a range of like 3 different cars before I make any decisions though, but something tells me its going to be the Stang.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:45 AM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

lol OP. you gotta get the car first! take this one step at a time.

btw SVTee, those sn95s look ****. i miss mine at times.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:47 AM
I Love Ricers

What? Are you replying to the comment where I was talking about mods for it?
Old 07-31-2010, 11:51 AM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

What? Are you replying to the comment where I was talking about mods for it?
yeah man. i would be looking around for a specific car before i was discussing possible mods. not that it really matters i guess.

i just like to take things one step at a time when it comes to a "new" car.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:57 AM
I Love Ricers

I know, I know, I know, lol.
I have a question about the fox body, do you run into problems with them alot? I can see how it would be hard to get a nice low milage close to stock Fox. Don't the 1993 Fox Bodys come out with like 305 HP, not being a complete HP guru just asking.
Old 07-31-2010, 12:03 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

I know, I know, I know, lol.
I have a question about the fox body, do you run into problems with them alot? I can see how it would be hard to get a nice low milage close to stock Fox. Don't the 1993 Fox Bodys come out with like 305 HP, not being a complete HP guru just asking.
they are getting pretty old so a lot of them tend to have a handful of little quirks. i would stick with a newer car for a DD quite honest. a lot of foxbodies on my local forums (at least the average ones that aren't fully built or are immaculate) have small annoying issues. for example...one guy has these random coolant and tranny leaks. sometimes it will leak, sometimes it won't. pretty damn annoying if you ask me. lol
Old 07-31-2010, 12:07 PM
I Love Ricers

See thats what im saying..
In about a year or so they'll be even harder to find, the Cobra is out of the question though. Understandable for a 16 year old's first car though, I will end up going with something newer I bet. Something is urging me to test drive the ls1 though man
Mustangs are so sick but the ls1 just seems better in some ways, I have no clue how it drives or anything, but i've seen it keep up with alot of Mustangs(with mods) while the ls1 was stock.