4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Which supercharger???

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 11:36 PM
03SonicBlue_GT
2nd Gear Member

Default Which supercharger???

so i have been thinking about buying a new 2011 stang or a camaro. but i have made up my mine not gonna do it gonna supercharge my gt and just buy a older cheaper stang for dd.

so the ? is which one.
been looking and kenne belle 14 psi intercooled prolly one of the best. but to much power for what im looking for i think. i wanna try to keep it at around 5000. but i no if i were to get that then i would have to upgrade internals. so go with a procharger and keep stock internals??? what is cheapest
Old 07-31-2010, 11:50 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

I took the advice of a member on this forum and started piecing together my S/C in May. Will send the last payment to complete the project next week. Right now (roughly) I would have spent about 2300 bucks for a intercooled Vortech V1 T-Trim Supercharger setup. I was all set on buying a V3 from Superchargers online for 3600 + shipping. It would have not been intercooled tho. If I were you this is the route that I would go.. Just my two cents...
Old 08-01-2010, 12:01 AM
boduke0220
6th Gear Member

if you want a kenne bell get the 10 psi kit and a dyno tune. and you will have a solid 400rwhp car. but if the type of s/c doesnt matter, i say piece together a kit like soldier said. he'll be easily doing 400 for a fraction of what the Kenne bell would cost. I personally went with the aftercooled V2 kit because i have been saving for a bit and just decided to go with the complete thing from vortech.
Old 08-01-2010, 12:05 AM
03SonicBlue_GT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Soldier GT
I took the advice of a member on this forum and started piecing together my S/C in May. Will send the last payment to complete the project next week. Right now (roughly) I would have spent about 2300 bucks for a intercooled Vortech V1 T-Trim Supercharger setup. I was all set on buying a V3 from Superchargers online for 3600 + shipping. It would have not been intercooled tho. If I were you this is the route that I would go.. Just my two cents...
so how did you go about pieceing it together??? intake, injectors, supercharger. is it all new or used?? ill install it on my own but i honestly have no idea where i would take it to tune. nvr even heard of a performance shop around me.
Old 08-01-2010, 12:09 AM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by boduke0220
if you want a kenne bell get the 10 psi kit and a dyno tune. and you will have a solid 400rwhp car. but if the type of s/c doesnt matter, i say piece together a kit like soldier said. he'll be easily doing 400 for a fraction of what the Kenne bell would cost. I personally went with the aftercooled V2 kit because i have been saving for a bit and just decided to go with the complete thing from vortech.
BD what numbers are you shooting for?? Also what size pulley will you be running?? Sorry didn't mean to jack your thread..
Old 08-01-2010, 12:20 AM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 03SonicBlue_GT
so how did you go about pieceing it together??? intake, injectors, supercharger. is it all new or used?? ill install it on my own but i honestly have no idea where i would take it to tune. nvr even heard of a performance shop around me.
Man this is something that I wish I had started to do three years ago. I am not sitting now at 270ish RWHP (cams, full exhuast etc etc). I probally spent around 3 grand for my mod list. With this set up I will be (as BodDuke said) over 400. I even found a used Anderson Power Pipe (150 bucks). If you want I can pm you a list of everything that I bought, where I bought it from, etc etc.. I am kinda in your same boat also (no local tuners). I also see that you are from Illinois. Don't know how far you are from St Louis but I'm dealing with purperformance speed shop and they are going to send me a emailed tuned to get my car running, so that I can bring it to them to get a dyno tune. Let me know if i can help..Good luck bro..
Old 08-01-2010, 12:22 AM
03SonicBlue_GT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Soldier GT
Man this is something that I wish I had started to do three years ago. I am not sitting now at 270ish RWHP (cams, full exhuast etc etc). I probally spent around 3 grand for my mod list. With this set up I will be (as BodDuke said) over 400. I even found a used Anderson Power Pipe (150 bucks). If you want I can pm you a list of everything that I bought, where I bought it from, etc etc.. I am kinda in your same boat also (no local tuners). I also see that you are from Illinois. Don't know how far you are from St Louis but I'm dealing with purperformance speed shop and they are going to send me a emailed tuned to get my car running, so that I can bring it to them to get a dyno tune. Let me know if i can help..Good luck bro..
ya man would be a big help to let me know what i need and where to get it. wanna start my searching as soon as possible
Old 08-01-2010, 01:34 AM
kast1376
3rd Gear Member

I just (as in today) bought a complete Procharger system used from another local board. I got everything I need (except the fuel pump or BAP) for 2000. Unit has 5k miles on it. Keep your eyes open and be quick, there are deals out there for sure.

My car is essentially stock, so I figure with a tune I should be somewhere around 370rwhp or so with the 8psi pulley. (I also was given a 10psi pulley too)
Old 08-01-2010, 05:17 AM
Bladerunner
2nd Gear Member

I'd look into getting a Procharger P1SC 8 or 10 psi.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:32 AM
boduke0220
6th Gear Member

Most sites like corral, here, and svtp have classifieds. i know there are about 3 used kits forsale right now on svtp that you might want to check out asap!

Soldier, im looking for around 400, but realisticly i wont be perfectly happy unless i have 420-430. im going to see what i make on the 3.48 pulley it comes with, if it doesnt make the numbers i'll either do headers or a 3.33 pulley and re tune.

Quick Reply: Which supercharger???