4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Considering Purchasing a Different Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 10:48 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Speaking from the military side of the house and being in your shoes many moons ago, I totally agree with mvr. Report to your duty staion 1st, scope things out and then make your decision..
Old 08-02-2010, 10:50 PM
Rockwell28
4th Gear Member

if you truly feel that if you just go out and spend 20 plus grand on a newer car or cobra just make sure you have that money to burn. bc its So easy to spend it but a bit harder to rebuild it unless you're doing 12 to 15 month deployments every other year. you always need money to fall back on things always come up evewntually and that emergency money will be a must have esp if you have the optionof building what you have already
Old 08-02-2010, 10:58 PM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by H0SS302
21yrs old n my ankle is already ****ed lol... thanks football.
You are only 21? And...Are you thanking football or your *other* abilities earlier on in life? LOL
Old 08-02-2010, 11:00 PM
Rockwell28
4th Gear Member

forgot about that you mentioned it to me a few days ago
Old 08-02-2010, 11:04 PM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by PurpleIcedGT
You are only 21? And...Are you thanking football or your *other* abilities earlier on in life? LOL
Yup. Yea I broke my ankle my sophomore year durring offseason, then rolled it pretty bad a couple more times. In March of this year is swelled up about 2.5x the size of my other ankle due to calcium growths and bone fragments wreaking havoc. Long story short I have one good ankle and another ankle that belongs to an 80yr old man lol. Its all plagued with arthritis..fuggin sucks.

PS..ill be 22 in october.. ill take checks and mustang parts mailed. lol
Old 08-02-2010, 11:12 PM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

Hossy sorry to hear about that man. I thought you were like 25! Makes me feel old...fck
Old 08-02-2010, 11:32 PM
Rockwell28
4th Gear Member

22 nah he makes me feel old im 29. hearing you say that about calcium growth and bone fragments kinda makes me think im gonna have hell with my femur in a few years. at least ya live another day keep ridin'
Old 08-03-2010, 12:48 AM
cheapLEY

Originally Posted by Soldier GT
Speaking from the military side of the house and being in your shoes many moons ago, I totally agree with mvr. Report to your duty staion 1st, scope things out and then make your decision..

Oh, yeah, that will definitely happen. Ideally, it will be a moot point. I want to get stationed over seas, and if that happens, I'm obviously not going to buy a car (at least until I get back).

I too went to college after highschool, but absolutely hated it. I went to a school I ended up hating my first year, then transferred to Mizzou, but then got screwed because my credits didn't transfer like they should have. After two years there, I realized I didn't want to do what I was studying for the rest of my life. I didn't know what else I would go to school for, so I quit and joined the Air Force (which I had been thinking about doing since high school anyway). It seemed like the perfect time.

I'll definitely have to sit down and figure out the finances, but my costs will be very little (my cell phone plan, and car insurance), since I'll be living on base and don't have a family to think about.

I'll most likely end up keeping my current 'Stang for a while, but buying a new one is just something I'm considering. It really just depends on the situation.

I may just stick some money into my current 'Stang instead, who knows?

Either way, I leave for basic on the 16th, and I am really excited to go. I've been waiting to leave for months, and it's finally so close.

Thanks for all the serious advice, though, guys. It's nice to be able to come here and have an actual discussion.
Old 08-03-2010, 01:04 AM
mvr
6th Gear Member

believe it or not after basic you'll have a whole new view on life and where your priorities are. it will be a clear decision then. have fun at basic, its not that bad.

what job are you goin in to do? where do ya wanna get stationed? im at Nellis
Old 08-03-2010, 01:25 AM
cheapLEY

Originally Posted by mvr
believe it or not after basic you'll have a whole new view on life and where your priorities are. it will be a clear decision then. have fun at basic, its not that bad.

what job are you goin in to do? where do ya wanna get stationed? im at Nellis
I'm actually not sure yet.

I signed my contract in the guaranteed Mechanical area. I was told that I would pick around three jobs when I back to MEPS on the way to basic, and would find out what job I got during basic at some point, along with station.

I'd like to get stationed overseas, like I said. Not really too particular. There's a whole world out there, and now seems like a good time to try and see it. I just want to get the hell out of Missouri.

What sort of work do you do in the AF?

Quick Reply: Considering Purchasing a Different Mustang