4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Lets get this thing together bichez!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 11:19 PM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by teej281
Just got home from dropping off my car at my buddy's house/garage for install!!! I'd love to be doing the install with him but seeing that I have a full time and 2 part times, I dont have the time in my schedule to help him out. That and he is leaving for the MCA Nationals on wednesday at some point and wednesday is my only day off this week as its my last week of summer. But the IRS with coilovers and FR500 catback should be in by wednesday at the latest!!! Just thought I would update everyone. Sorry for being a lazy *** and not helping with install but it just had to be done, seeing that I move back into school on saturday and I wanted my car to be ready for CJ Pony Parts customer appreciation day saturday as well. But should be done soon...FINALLY!!!
LOL 7/10 ppl on this forum proble cant even put their own CAI on let alone swap out the rears.. I wouldnt feel bad because you dont have time to do it, your not missing much it was pretty simple.
Old 08-09-2010, 12:13 AM
crash
BrandofPoop

Originally Posted by boduke0220
duddeee teej thats going to be sick! so whats the eta to have all this on!?!? you better have vids and pics!

Crash i wish you would mod! dude that would be sooo sick IRS + Bullitt + Vortech = badarse car.
Crash, YES YOU SHOULD!!! At least an IRS with coilovers. IDC about the supercharger kit just because its overplayed I think and there are better ways to make power IMHO. And no, no exhaust clips yet just because the IRS isnt in and this is an IRS catback so cant throw it on there til its all buttoned up.
This is the plan, I'm just looking patiently for the best deal out there for an IRS. Ppl here in CA want way too damn much for an IRS set up. Waiting patiently will reward me soon.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:14 AM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

Originally Posted by crash
This is the plan, I'm just looking patiently for the best deal out there for an IRS. Ppl here in CA want way too damn much for an IRS set up. Waiting patiently will reward me soon.
I have to ask if you tried bargaining with anyone about one. My buddy just got a back-up for his 03 cobra for $350 and the guy originally was asking $700...so you see, a lot of guys put the prices high thinking that if someone buys it at that price, they made out like a bandit. But these guys are just wanting to get rid of them so if youre serious, start offering people $400 with rear shocks and ABS sensors and see where you get. You dont need the brakes cus you have the same brakes as cobras do already. If you find one thats already built with bushings, i'd go as high as $1000 if its built with delrin control arm bushings and aluminum diff bushings, just because they already did a lot of the work for you with the IRS and all you gotta do with it is CO the biotch and you got the same setup as I do. I paid $400 for the IRS with brakes, shocks and ABS sensors and had to buy the $800 in bushings and then my buddy installed them(who also has a bullitt with an IRS in it...) and now I put coilovers on it and i got a lot invested in it. So look for a built one for about $1k or a stock one for about $400.

BTW, I see you have a WTT ad on SVTP for an 01 IRS...bad idea. Go for the 03/04 IRS as its built better to start with.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:18 AM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

Im ecstatic to get a ride in this damn car and see what the difference on our cars with the IRS and SRA is all about.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:23 AM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

^You think youre excited...TRY WHAT IM GOING THROUGH RIGHT NOW JUST WAITING TO DRIVE THE FUGGER!!! Im going from a stock SRA with sh!tty shocks and eibach springs to a fully built IRS with complete solid bushings and coilovers...this is going to be interesting...to say the least
Old 08-09-2010, 08:30 AM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

hahaha very true man very true. Your summer build plans are really coming together bro, you deserve it for hustling your *** off working 3 jobs!

EDIT - ^No homo on what I wrote above....
Old 08-09-2010, 08:40 AM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

Haha yea...wasnt hustling my ***, but i was working my *** off all summer.
Old 08-10-2010, 03:28 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

So an update...everything came in yesterday morning from MM at 8:28AM and due to my buddy having to work past shop hours he wasnt able to get to my car til tonight and he leaves sometime tomorrow afternoon/evening for virgina beach for the MCA nationals. So...the IRS with FR500 catback is gonna be in, but I'll be rolling around with stock location springs up front for the time being. Not ideal, but I'm so pumped to finally get the IRS and new catback put on! Its gonna be odd with the front suspension riding rougher than the rear. LOL
Old 08-10-2010, 05:19 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

BTW, I see you have a WTT ad on SVTP for an 01 IRS...bad idea. Go for the 03/04 IRS as its built better to start with
BTW, you read that post wrong on svt. It says what year mine is.....but good lookin out I need to hit up aereon (sp?) cuz I need to ride in an IRS car. I feel left out in the dark
Old 08-10-2010, 05:23 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

I PM'd him like last thursday to ask him how he liked his coilover setup again cus i forgot what he said, but he hasnt been on in like a month.

But I would sure hope that if you said you had a bullitt that the guy on the other end of the computer would know what year a bullitt was made...

Quick Reply: Lets get this thing together bichez!!!