4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Fuel Pump/ Injectors - Advice

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 07:05 PM
bopiela
4th Gear Member

Default Fuel Pump/ Injectors - Advice

So I ordered all of my supercharger brackets and tubing and everything last night and now I need to get fuel injectors and a new pump. I know I should go with the SVT focus pump, but where is the best place to get one - I am struggling to find these and am never positive if the one's I am finding will work.

Secondly, what type of injectors should I get? Is there a better brand for this? I have heard 42# makes sense, but what are your opinions???

I already have the head unit and 90mm MAF. The rest of the hardware and brackets are in transit. I then need to get gauges last. I know a wideband is one, what else would you all reccommend so I can decide.

I know these have been answered before, but I like the conversation and differing opinions of you guys, so I figured this would make more sense for me at this point (and for all of you!!!) Look forward to hearing what you guys think.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:03 PM
Mustang_NTriangle
5th Gear Member

SVT focus pump call Liberty Ford in maryland they will hook you up. Second, 42lb injectors would be perfect. Your Lightning MAF is only good for 440-450 rwhp before it pegs and your injectors will max out close to this.

Keep your power level < 400 rwhp with a good tune and you are good to go on a stock motor.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:42 PM
bopiela
4th Gear Member

I'm planning at hitting 400 and no further with this car. So that is why I chose the above things, haha. Thanks for the info - greatly appreciated. Any preference or recommendation on injectors, or are they all pretty standard?

Thanks again man.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:01 PM
Eduardo
3rd Gear Member

a lot of people are going to tell you to go with the SVT focus pump, nothing wrong with it, it flows a lot and is easy to install. i have one myself and i regret getting it. i suggest you go with a ford gt pump. big reason people dont want to go with this pump is because you have to crimp on spade connectors since the stock pump connection dosent work on it. when i dyno'd my car it his over 415rwhp and the pump maxed out at 5500rpms and started to go real lean. i then had to buy a BAP(didnt want to drop the tank again lol) and get another tune which wasnt cheap.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:45 PM
mvr
6th Gear Member

i bought ford racing 42lb inj green top for my setup. as for the pump i am still trying to decide what i want to do also. i have a "focus svt" pump that came with my used setup. im not sure if it is even a correct svt pump when i do google search of the part number on the pump i have. alot of people say go with the ford gt pump. other people say put the svt focus on there then ad the BAP later if you need it. i think it really depends on your setup and tune and how much power you expect to have.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:39 PM
bopiela
4th Gear Member

well like i said, i dont plan on topping 400. i think 400 is what im gunna tell the tuners to limit it at if somehow, it goes over. so the svt focus pump should work for me, right??

what gauges are you gunna be running mvr? what do you have eduardo>
Old 08-10-2010, 06:06 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

Get an interceptor gauge from Lethal Performance and you can monitor almost any parameter that you want to. But I'd go with the SVT Focus pump and FRPP 42's, or if you can find a set of 39lb injectors out of a cobra or lightning, use those as the MAF should already be calibrated for those. If it were me, i'd be planning for the future and sumping my tank and getting a Fore Precision fuel hat with dual/triple pumps and redoing the full fuel system to handle 700rwhp+. But thats just me though cus youre not planning on going over 400rwhp with your car.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:08 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Stick with the 42lb injectors bigger and are EV1 so no adapters needed
Old 08-10-2010, 07:27 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

do the 39's need adapters for us? just out of curiosity.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:04 PM
Mustang_NTriangle
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bopiela
well like i said, i dont plan on topping 400. i think 400 is what im gunna tell the tuners to limit it at if somehow, it goes over. so the svt focus pump should work for me, right??

what gauges are you gunna be running mvr? what do you have eduardo>
You will be good with SVT pump and no BAP is required to reach your goal. I would caution you at 400 rwhp on a stock block though - not really a good idea especially if you run car often at high rpms.

Quick Reply: Fuel Pump/ Injectors - Advice