4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

What to get for my Saleen.

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 09:16 PM
paintball1
3rd Gear Member

Default What to get for my Saleen.

Already got A BBK O/R X pipe, with stock Saleen Mufflers. It's way too quite, I posted before about getting off road x with 44s. But i don't think i'm going to go that route. I found a great deal on some Durmax Race Bullet mufflers, ($60). Are the Durmax basically the same as SLP 1s? or more like 2s? I figured instead of buying SLP1s i would just put a straight pipe in place of the muffler. Basically what I am asking will the Durmax Bullets sound better than straight pipe and have at least some kind of tone more that straight pipes. Here is a pic from today of my car.

Old 08-09-2010, 09:23 PM
Mr Graystang
4th Gear Member

If you want loud and killer sound on the 2v then I suggest the SSS terminator set up. I can not say to much about the duramax but you get what you pay for specially just mufflers.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:29 PM
paintball1
3rd Gear Member

Alright thanks, Just tryin to figure out if Durmax Bullets are just the same as SLP 1s, a peice of pipe , or there more like 2s and have some fiberglasss or something in there.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:35 PM
Explosive

It's dynomax not durmax, check out the video link in my sig, it's a built push rod motor so your car will sound different but it will give you an idea, and yes. They are loud as hell. On the fox I'm running BBK l/t's to BBK O/R H pipe to dynomax bullets to flowmaster tail pipes
Old 08-09-2010, 09:43 PM
paintball1
3rd Gear Member

Thanks for the correction, Damm, I really didn't want too be that loud sice i already have the off road X.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:51 PM
Explosive

Few pics I took when we were building the car,

And one more video, turn it up once I get up into the trees. All I can say is don't get the bullets unless you want to be loud.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuQYFjCi7R8

The fox will make your ears pop if you stand behind it when I rev.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:07 PM
paintball1
3rd Gear Member

Thanks for the info, I think thu won't the Bullets be quiter than just putting a peice of pipe in place of the muffler? or do you think it will be about the same .
Old 08-09-2010, 10:15 PM
Explosive

The bullets will offer some decibel reduction, but you gotta realize there isn't much to them and it will be loud. bullets or slps are going to be loud as hell and most likely raspy on a modular motor. This is why I reccomended magnapacks or stingers in your last thread.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:22 PM
paintball1
3rd Gear Member

Well I only care about not getting messed with by the Police, So since my car is a 5 Speed. Do you think I will be able to control it so normal shifting will not get pulled over.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:28 PM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

General rule of thumb. You get what you pay for. You have a beautiful car. Why ruin it by being a cheap F with the exhaust? Save up and do it right! You don't want to have a beautiful Saleen that sounds like dogsh!t do you? Save up and get the whole catback system. Check youtube. With an offroad X, you can go many ways...SSS Terminators, Borla, Bassani, I can go on forever. Set a realistic budget goal that you want to reach with a complete catback system and you will not be disappointed.

Quick Reply: What to get for my Saleen.