4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

AM comes through again. H&R springs???

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 03:49 PM
fordforlife0225
4th Gear Member

Default AM comes through again. H&R springs???

hey guys. first off ill start with a story. cuz if any of you have read any of my other threads or posts you know they are never short, the actual question ends up being in the second paragraph. anyway, my girlfriend ordered the motorized license plate frame from american muscle for her 98 gt with a saleen bumper. she ordered it at 1pm and it was at the door at 3 the next day. easy to install and pretty cool, came with a lil remote and all. ilove AM and they have always been great to us especially with there shipping. i got the email today as im sure many of you did about the 10% off summer picks. i looked around and saw that they had the H&R sport springs on sale ( for the gt/v6 coupe ). i have a vert so i sent them an email and they hooked me up with 10% off the vert springs. bringing the price down to around $225.

how has the H&R sport springs and are they good springs? will the stock shocks and struts be ok? is 225 a good price? i am buying an f150 next week so i can keep the miles off the mustang. its about to hit 29,000 miles and i dont want to push it over 30,xxx in the next few years. that and i dont want to drive it in winter. i was worried about lowering it when it was my DD but now im ready to drop it.
Old 08-11-2010, 05:25 PM
BraMas
5th Gear Member

H&R springs are great $225 seems normal
Off topic here but what is wrong with driving your car? They are made to be driven not set in a garage
Old 08-11-2010, 05:51 PM
school boy
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by BraMas
H&R springs are great $225 seems normal
Off topic here but what is wrong with driving your car? They are made to be driven not set in a garage
110% agree, thats like having a hot wife you set in the corner and never touch!
Old 08-11-2010, 05:52 PM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

Drive your car...thats what its for. H&R springs are top notch..
Old 08-11-2010, 06:07 PM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

I'm lowering on H&R springs and I love them. Drive your car....actually drive the sh*t out of it.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:16 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

OT here but hows your clutch? Do you like it? And one more thing, drive it like you stole it! jk, but honestly, it isn't a ferrari enzo or anything, just a mustang.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:31 PM
bigpatsgt
2nd Gear Member

I didn't want to start a new thread so I'll ask here. I really want to lower my pony. I just bought 17" cobras with 315/35 in the rear and 275/40 in the front and am wondering if I'll have clearance issues? Also, my o/r x is already a tad low due to fitment, would lowering it completely ef up my chances of getting up on a mechanics rack at the shop?
Old 08-11-2010, 11:23 PM
fordforlife0225
4th Gear Member

start a new thread you thread jacking s.o.b. jk umm getting onto a roll on ramp probably wont happen. but you may be ok with the lift that has the arms that slide under your car. worse case, have someone grab the wheel well and liffffft. thats what we do to get a jack under my girls car.

as for the springs. thanks guys. i think ill get them

as for the driving the car. i love the **** out of that car and i drive it like crazy. the only thing is i want to lower it and do gears. but i was worried because my girls house is 20 min of highway from me, and im in the military so i tavel alot. im stationed in VA and my family lives in MD so i do that drive often. last winter i drove my v6, which was stock height, home from MD after a snow storm. i got back to VA and sure enough my mid pipe was knocked loose and all f'ed up. anyway, the truck is a v6 and its just for my daily use and for odd jobs. the mustang will get used but im ocd about it being clean and waxed. its the nicest thing i own. plans for my mustang this winter include. springs, gears, cams (if the money is good), and look to the front end just dont know what yet (maby, billit grills, roush stage 3 front or cobra R front), if i get a bumper im getting the front end painted and the GT badges removed.
my girls car this winter is going to be sanded and preped for paint. some one took keys and a rake to the custom blue paint she has on it right now so we have to get it painted again. i want to do a PI swap since hers is a 98 but i have no idea how to so look for future threads about that if you know anything. and we want to remodel her interior, its getting old.

Last edited by fordforlife0225; 08-12-2010 at 05:41 AM.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:28 PM
fordforlife0225
4th Gear Member

oh yea just saw that question about my clutch. umm it has its good and its bad. it is very very stiff at the pedal. i need a firewall adjuster but i have no idea how to install one and honestly i dont care because i have gotten use to it. the clutch is second to none though. it will do anything you ask it to do and i have never had a problem with it. the clutch and the pro 5.0 shifter will out performe any mgw, tri ax, what ever the other brands are. the thing i love about the pro 5.0 shifter is that it take one finger to go 2nd to 3rd. i never miss a shift at the track or anything.