4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

FR500 exhaust clip

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 10:15 PM
jt02gt
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by crash
Too bad out of those 90%, 89% don't want to anything but a straight line haha
Mainly because these cars were designed more for straight line driving.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:19 PM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

Originally Posted by teej281
Sorry I didnt dump enough money into my engine to make you wet your panties...just did like $2500 in suspension work but who cares about suspension? Its all about making power and not being able to put it to the ground.
Don't get your panties in a bundle. Just because I said I thought the sound was "meh" doesn't mean I'm hating on you. You may think my exhaust setup sounds bad but that's just how it goes. Different strokes for different folks.

But congrats on your setup. It is clear you are very happy with it and you shouldn't let other peoples opinions get to you so much.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:12 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

It's just you made it sound like my car isn't good enough for you because it doesn't have enough motor work done to it. Just because it doesn't have 400rwhp doesn't make it any less of a car. I have a fully built IRS with full coilovers and maybe over winter full tubular front suspension...more than most people ever dream of doing to their suspension. Your comment just made it sound like it wasn't worth your while unless it whistles like he'll or shakes the very earth beneath your feet.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:14 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

Originally Posted by jt02gt
Mainly because these cars were designed more for straight line driving.
But these cars can handle decent, if you put the effort into it...
Old 08-12-2010, 11:39 PM
budders
4th Gear Member

strip the interior, spare, ect, aluminum 4.6 block, twin turrrbooss with over 9000lbs of boost, sink like 6k into suspension and you'd prob rape alot of ferraris, and lambos
Old 08-12-2010, 11:43 PM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

Originally Posted by teej281
It's just you made it sound like my car isn't good enough for you because it doesn't have enough motor work done to it. Just because it doesn't have 400rwhp doesn't make it any less of a car. I have a fully built IRS with full coilovers and maybe over winter full tubular front suspension...more than most people ever dream of doing to their suspension. Your comment just made it sound like it wasn't worth your while unless it whistles like he'll or shakes the very earth beneath your feet.
Fully built IRS and rear coilovers do nothing for me. I am a straight line guy and I would never do that to my car. If your into twisties or whatever than that is great.

I'm sorry I didn't love the way your car sounded. If I knew my comment would get you this upset I wouldn't have said it. You know you have made many comments in other peoples threads saying you didn't like what they did to their car so don't get so upset about me not saying your car sounded great and I loved it.

I don't want to comment on this again because it is ruining your thread and I'm sorry.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:51 PM
budders
4th Gear Member

lets be nice guys. if we dont have something nice to say, we should just pm it to the other person so it dosnt ruin threads. (this goes for err body, not just wannabe)
Old 08-13-2010, 12:04 AM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by WannaBeGearHead
Fully built IRS and rear coilovers do nothing for me. I am a straight line guy and I would never do that to my car. If your into twisties or whatever than that is great.

I'm sorry I didn't love the way your car sounded. If I knew my comment would get you this upset I wouldn't have said it. You know you have made many comments in other peoples threads saying you didn't like what they did to their car so don't get so upset about me not saying your car sounded great and I loved it.

I don't want to comment on this again because it is ruining your thread and I'm sorry.
It wouldnt have been a big deal if you would have just said, your car doesnt sound good.. but you took it a leap to far with saying and exhaust only car doesnt do it for me..

Neglecting the fact that his car would wipe the floor with your car in a REAL form of racing..lol

There is nothing challenging about only having to hit your shifts..
Old 08-13-2010, 12:11 AM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

Originally Posted by H0SS302
Neglecting the fact that his car would wipe the floor with your car in a REAL form of racing..lol
So your comparing my car, which is built for the strip to a car that is built for "real" racing and saying he would "wipe the floor" with my car in a "real" form of racing, meaning twisties or oval track? That is a terrible comparison.

So would you say my car would wipe the floor with his car in a straight line race?
Old 08-13-2010, 12:42 AM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by WannaBeGearHead
So your comparing my car, which is built for the strip to a car that is built for "real" racing and saying he would "wipe the floor" with my car in a "real" form of racing, meaning twisties or oval track? That is a terrible comparison.

So would you say my car would wipe the floor with his car in a straight line race?
Yes... but you basically said his car was an exhaust only car.. which it is not. Your thinking is to acute in the sport of RACING. You can have all the power in the world, but that doesnt mean dick when you hit a turn. What he has done to his car puts his car in a whole different league of capabilities.. building your car for drag racing only is pointless IMO. He could put a blower on his car and hang with n e body in a straight line just as well.

All he has to do is swap out his front coil springs and he will launch probably better than your car thats bult for straight line.. thats the funny part. lol

The great thing about building suspension is you will murder someone with higher HP who has a sub par suspension.

Quick Reply: FR500 exhaust clip