4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Wash/Clay Bared/Polished/Waxed/Lowered The Stang.. PICS!!! (and a video)

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 01:32 PM
smitty2919
5th Gear Member

NICE!

my only gripe is the different color hoses on the intake and SC. I would go both red or black. Not a huge fan of the blue. car came out great though!
Old 08-17-2010, 10:16 PM
MustangMan00
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 0949er
The calybar Kit I used was made by Turtle Wax called "ICE claybar Kit". Picked it up at autozone

http://www.amazon.com/Turtle-Wax-T-4.../dp/B0024BN1KY

I am using the stock MAF w/ a mafia extender
you mean ADVANCE AUTO PARTS...don't get us confused with them again or no more help on your stang!...
Old 08-17-2010, 10:21 PM
0949er
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangMan00
you mean ADVANCE AUTO PARTS...don't get us confused with them again or no more help on your stang!...
haha my bad pat! I can never remember which one it is.. I always guess wrong haha
Old 08-18-2010, 05:56 AM
boduke0220
6th Gear Member

oriellys > all
Old 08-18-2010, 10:09 AM
Hangwire
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by boduke0220
oriellys > all
Why is that? I find myself shocked by the morons who work at all of these auto parts stores. But its actually kinda fun and exciting going there because its so entertaining. Everytime you go you have no clue what you're going to see, hear or experience.

One time I went to Advance Auto and there was this kid he musta been 15(no offense guys some more mature than others) he still works there I asked for an oil filter for a Jeep Liberty he handed me this tiny *** thing for a Dodge Neon I was like "um no." Same kid who one day also walks up behind me and goes "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!!" while i'm dumping oil in the back and then he says "just kidding." I was like um what the f*ck was that.

The other week I was there, there was a family trying to put freeon in their van. Well the parents were standing back letting some kid figure this out. Hes trying to get the piece of safety plastic off. You know the one you UNSCREW OFF well he was just trying to yank it off I guess because it had a tab you could pull on. He yanked the whole assembly off the top of the can and freeon is now spraying EVERYWHERE until its empty hahaha.

THENNNNNNNNN this one time at Advance Auto band camp there were two absolutely over the top rednecks there talking all loud and **** wearing nascar wifebeaters looking dirty as hell you know how it goes. Well one of them is outside working on some old *** 4 door import sedan while the other stands inside talking to people wasting their time. All of a sudden theres lots of yelling outside I guess this genius must have unscrewed the overflow tank while the system was hot because coolant exploded all over this guy and on the engine.

Then this one time a month or two ago I was walking up to the door(wearing a pink floyd shirt) and this guy in his 50/60ss with a grey biker beard(had Advance Auto gear on so he worked there)walks up to me. Hes got the hippie voice going big time smoking a cigarette hes like "HEY MANNNNNNN you ever seem Pink Floyd live?." I really wanted to say "Cant you tell i'm like 20 years retard of course I havent seen them live" but I was like "nah." Then he was like "well MANNNNN I saw the whole Animals tour in 1977 mannn I followed them all the way from the start in Miami all over the country mannn." And hes going on and on about this experience and about how he was "there when they shot the pig" I really dont know if thats literal or if a cop got shot I do know that did happen at a floyd show once. I just couldnt say much I was finally like "wow thats pretty cool" and kinda just walked away.

Other bizarre **** has happened I just dont remember it off the top of my head lol.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:45 AM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

Hangwire these stories remind me of something that quick2slick would say....

LOL im kidding obv.