4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

After Day 1, V-1 Install

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 02:14 PM
04orngegt
1st Gear Member

I used a big pair of channel locks to move the tenisioner
Old 08-23-2010, 04:40 PM
bopiela
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by teej281
OP...you are always one to come through with whatever it is that youre planning. When I read something about you are thinking about doing something, you always come through and finish up the job. Kudos to you.
thanks teej. my to do list from the when i got the car has changed slightly... but i always follow my word. guess its how i was brought up, haha.

plus, what is lying about what im doing with my car really going to accomplish? especially on forums.... haha.

Originally Posted by Soldier GT
Man let me know how it goes with the install. I had planned on having my buddy take my car to the shop this week for the V1 install but my Tial Bov want be shipped OUT until around the 5th so I've pushed the install date to the tenth. What kind of V1 do you have S or T trim? Good luck with the install bro..
s trim. thanks man. ill post some stuff when im done. i want to do a new write up for us 4.6 guys on the 'actual' cost of a set-up, since 1500 isn't completely realistic - it just gets ur hopes up, haha. so im gunna try and do that after its done too.

Originally Posted by crash
Pretty pretty cool dood, get some vids once it starts up!!
thanks man. always good hearin from ya, haha
Old 08-23-2010, 05:44 PM
Hangwire
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bopiela
ill post some stuff when im done. i want to do a new write up for us 4.6 guys on the 'actual' cost of a set-up, since 1500 isn't completely realistic - it just gets ur hopes up, haha. so im gunna try and do that after its done too.
this^
Old 08-23-2010, 06:09 PM
school boy
5th Gear Member

are you getting the cxracing i/c kit?
Old 08-23-2010, 08:18 PM
0949er
4th Gear Member

update bro, or are you staring a day 2 thread?
Old 08-23-2010, 08:27 PM
bopiela
4th Gear Member

yes im getting a cx racing kit.

not much progress today. will probably be slow progress throughout the week depending on work. i got a little further with the oil pan drain, but not done. i took the bumper cover and bumper off so i can get ready to mount intercooler.

no luck on the belt yet, and that's about it i think for today........
Old 08-23-2010, 10:55 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bopiela
thanks teej. my to do list from the when i got the car has changed slightly... but i always follow my word. guess its how i was brought up, haha.

plus, what is lying about what im doing with my car really going to accomplish? especially on forums.... haha.

s trim. thanks man. ill post some stuff when im done. i want to do a new write up for us 4.6 guys on the 'actual' cost of a set-up, since 1500 isn't completely realistic - it just gets ur hopes up, haha. so im gunna try and do that after its done too.

thanks man. always good hearin from ya, haha

I paid 2100 bucks for my build including a Anderson Power Pipe, Head unit and Intercooler.. I could have reached the 1500 S/C build but I bought some extra stuff.
Old 08-24-2010, 03:41 PM
bopiela
4th Gear Member

^ with fuel pumps and fuel injectors and such, u end up over 1500 even with buying things used and what not....
Old 08-24-2010, 04:11 PM
liljojo4711
4th Gear Member

where did u find ur head unit?
Old 08-24-2010, 07:36 PM
bopiela
4th Gear Member

Default After Day 2, V-1 Install

Hey guys, got a good couple hours of work in today. I got the belt on, that was fun, haha. I got the hole in the oil pan nearly the right size - so that should be tapped and sealed tomorrow, if I get a chance to work.

There is literally no room to do this install. It's insane. I have no idea how I'll fit an intercooler. Can you bend the small black tubes that go to the radiator and around the bay from the a/c and related things? That would certainly help, but I don't want to ruin those.....

I got the induction tube on, and will probably have to route the hose that goes to the discharge tube a weird way because there is no straight shot.

Also, I cannot get teh included connection hoses to go over my throttle body or my MAF. Can you buy different ones anywhere? Ones that are bigger on one side and smaller on another, or can you use something you can buy at a hardware store? This would help a ton for my next day's work......

Oh and I got the coolant hose back on and extended/cut. So progress you can see, haha.

And some pics....

Quick Reply: After Day 1, V-1 Install