4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Camaro is not a rival anymore?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 02:35 PM
Spilotro
2nd Gear Member

I do agree a bit with Devon on the Boss and the 2000 R alike; a bit overdone. That said, it's nothing a few alterations wouldn't solve. It's begging for some of those Magnum 500s!
Old 08-25-2010, 02:38 PM
tightdogal
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by devongarver

This new boss would look OK if the wheels were not red, and the splitter wasn't so big, and the stupid decals were all removed, and the crappy molded spot for the driving lights in the grill wasn't there, and the badge in the grill wasn't there. It basically looks like a teenager designed the car.
o_0

But that was basically what the original Boss car had anyways, all the little decals and whatnot. I think Ford did this car right, just like they did the 03-04 Mach 1's right. It's supposed to have all of those "flash" features. That's why it's called a BOSS.

If you don't want all of that, buy a normal GT.
Old 08-25-2010, 02:56 PM
Spilotro
2nd Gear Member

I think he's alluding to the type of flash, more than the presence of flash alone. I know I for one am all about subtle flash, which is one of the many reasons Jap wagons don't tickle my fancy.
Old 08-25-2010, 03:13 PM
Spilotro
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 0949er
BTW, the new 5.0's are sexy... but you guys realize that this is the end of our "baby" v8's and that there will not be too many more years that kids like us will be able to play with cars the way we do... right? A 40k mustang GT means that soon enough it will be just another desired sports car... Ford needs to come out with a new

Without providing details prematurely, my business partner and I are working on something to fit this bill as we speak. Only thing is, you might just find yourself smoking everything short of supercars (and even they may not be safe). More to come in the following months!
Old 08-25-2010, 06:04 PM
Hangwire
4th Gear Member

That is why everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I would probably like it if i was 14, but I'm not. It's hideously overdone. But then again, I also HATE the stupid wing and front splitter/bumper on a 2000 Cobra R, which sooooooooooooooo many people cream themselves over. It looks absolutely retarded. Plain and simple.

This new boss would look OK if the wheels were not red, and the splitter wasn't so big, and the stupid decals were all removed, and the crappy molded spot for the driving lights in the grill wasn't there, and the badge in the grill wasn't there. It basically looks like a teenager designed the car.
Well I just checked, i'm not 14 and I love it. Looked at my birth certificate just to be sure. The wing and splitter are overdone on the Cobra R. I can definitely see where you are coming from, but I absolutely dig this car. I would be totally fine with it if they just made the rims black. And nothing says a teenager can't design a good looking car. These cars and aftermarket parts are marketed to a young male/teen demographic, I think they've been doing a good job.

Originally Posted by H0SS302
HAve you ever looked at the OG Boss? Its over the top, just like the 2012 version. Looks perfect.
+1,000

I hardly think this compares....it is not overdone...
Ummmmmmmmmm for back then that was very very flashy and overdone, thats why people went wild for them. This car is called DA BOSS. Should they have just thrown a cute badge onto a basic GT, put a suspension on it and say "ok guyz check out THE BOSS" thanks for the extra cash for the name? Its a turnkey car. I can understand maybe thinking they tried to tie a bit too much red in, especially at the rims. But C stripes are absolute king of decals on these cars IMO. And C stripes were also very key in classic mustangs. C stripes ARE NOT rice thats crazy talk. The rest I can accept.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:23 PM
natedog
3rd Gear Member

I think the black car/red wheel combo is the BOSS Laguna Seca, a straight up racer. The regular BOSS looks a little more sedated. It looks like Ford was going after the 911 GT3 RS look with those red wheels.