4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Different look on Saleens

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 05:20 PM
DreamerGT
5th Gear Member

I like it, from far away it looks like you have 10 spokes.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:22 PM
bopiela
4th Gear Member

Like dreamer said, it looks like they are 10 spoke wheels now. I don't know I feel about it though.... They're def unique nd go with your car, but I really like Saleens as they are, so I'm not sure... Nice work either way!
Old 09-03-2010, 05:32 PM
Cobrajets
1st Gear Member

Just gettin' some feedback. HOSS you're right on the $. Just electrical tape cut real quick to see if I liked it or not, that's why it is squared off lookin'. Took me about a half hour to do it, and if I don't like it, it comes off in 5 minutes. I like the way it looks and got some compliments on 'em, but I also like the normal way they look. just wanted something a little different from all the others. I was gonna go to a vinyl graphic shop and give them a template for the actual curves of the spoke on the outside and along the lug to get a more uniform cut and no seams. I guess they would be able to laser cut something like that for me. Thanks for the good comments!
Old 09-03-2010, 05:36 PM
hpwrestler220
6th Gear Member

From far they look cut out! It looks pretty cool... Nice job. Electrical taping wheels to see if you like them FTMFW! hahah i did the same sh*t to mine a while back and ended up painting them.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:42 PM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Cobrajets
Just gettin' some feedback. HOSS you're right on the $. Just electrical tape cut real quick to see if I liked it or not, that's why it is squared off lookin'. Took me about a half hour to do it, and if I don't like it, it comes off in 5 minutes. I like the way it looks and got some compliments on 'em, but I also like the normal way they look. just wanted something a little different from all the others. I was gonna go to a vinyl graphic shop and give them a template for the actual curves of the spoke on the outside and along the lug to get a more uniform cut and no seams. I guess they would be able to laser cut something like that for me. Thanks for the good comments!
If you get it painted, radius off the ends towards the center to flow with the natural circle. It will make it look 100% cut out.

Nice idea for sure tho man.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:44 PM
Cobrajets
1st Gear Member

Yeah, like I said. Just wanted to see what they looked like before any paint was applied. That's why it was a rush job. It gave me the effect I wanted without the regret of wishing I never did it. Just pull off the tape and back to what I started with. That's why I'd like to get some pre-cut vinyls. Put 'em on when the mood strikes, take 'em off when it doesn't.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:49 PM
schmallz
2nd Gear Member

Looks good, just paint the entire inner portion of the wheels when you decided to do it and it'll be badass.

And who couldn't love those SLP tips.
Old 09-03-2010, 08:44 PM
GThopeful
4th Gear Member

That looks absolutely badass. There is not one bad thing I can say about it at all. Great idea.
Old 09-04-2010, 12:05 AM
hpwrestler220
6th Gear Member

Looking at this thread again, i think it looks even sicker. It's growin on me! Idk how it looks like REAL close, but i bet it can't be THAT bad once it's all done up nicely. Get a sheet of vinyl and cut it out yourself! Trace a template and go from there...
Old 09-04-2010, 12:19 AM
GTRACER88
5th Gear Member

Looks amazing!

Quick Reply: Different look on Saleens