4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Questions about my car

Old 09-10-2010, 05:22 PM
SacredH

Default Questions about my car

I have a 2001 GT Coupe with 106783 miles, and ive noticed a couple things about it. First of all the passenger window goes up to high and the door wont close all the way without slamming it and i fear the window will eventually shatter if someone rolls it all the way up, what would be any possible solutions for this? also my oil pressure gauge doesnt work, it worked when i got the car but it doesnt any more, how could i fix this? and finally there is a squeeking noise coming from the car when driving between 1 and about 25 mph and its not the brakes, i believe that the noise is the driveshaft or a gasket on it into the rear end because it is between the wheels, also there is a humming noise that started a few thousand miles ago. any help would be appreciated
Old 09-10-2010, 06:34 PM
getafewlives
4th Gear Member

The window is most likely come off of the track. Take off the door panel and inspect it, it should be fairly evident. If that is the issue, take it to an auto glass shop, with the door panel still off, and ask them nicely to glue it in. The place up the street did it for me for free. But he told me not to roll the window up or down for 2 days, which was impossible to do. So mine came back out a bit. Haven't gotten around to fixing it.
Old 09-11-2010, 09:04 AM
kugzgt
5th Gear Member

its funny that you mention that op, i have the same problem. every since i replaced my drivers side door with a fully loaded door off of a cobra my window seems to go up alomost an 1/8th inch too much. im not sure if there is some kind of adjustable stopper in the door. i havent had time to really look
Old 09-11-2010, 09:20 AM
SacredH

Originally Posted by kugzgt
its funny that you mention that op, i have the same problem. every since i replaced my drivers side door with a fully loaded door off of a cobra my window seems to go up alomost an 1/8th inch too much. im not sure if there is some kind of adjustable stopper in the door. i havent had time to really look
its interesting that you say that because my car was in an accident before i bought it, and its possible the door was replaced but i have no proof but thats the same problem to me, my dad says that its just the regulator or something and that there is a screw so ill check that then thanks
Old 09-11-2010, 04:03 PM
getafewlives
4th Gear Member

Did no one read my post?
Old 09-11-2010, 08:36 PM
SacredH

Originally Posted by getafewlives
Did no one read my post?
yes i did read your post, sorry for no reply, thats an interesting possibility aswell, and to be honest im going to see if it is off the track first, and i appreciate your post, sorry if you felt ignored
Old 09-12-2010, 05:40 PM
natedog
3rd Gear Member

Wow, the window thing happens to me too. Started about 2000 miles ago... so annoying
Old 09-13-2010, 05:51 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

i believe that the noise is the driveshaft or a gasket on it into the rear end because it is between the wheels, also there is a humming noise that started a few thousand miles ago. any help would be appreciated
A driveshaft won't make a squeking noise, and the only thing close to a gasket between the driveshaft and the diff is the pinion seal and that could never make a noise loud enough for you to hear inside the car. The squeaking noise you are hearing could be a few different things. 1. The shocks. 2. The spring and or the spring isolator which is a rubber material. 3. Control arm bushings. The humming could be coming from the rear end, I would drain the fluid and refill while checking for excessive metal shavings in the fluids. Also wheel bearings/rear axle tube bearings will make humming noises when they go bad. Also check to make sure the flimsy thing brake dust shields didn't get bent to the point where they are touching the back side of the rotor.

Last edited by uberstang1; 09-13-2010 at 05:53 AM.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:46 PM
SacredH

Originally Posted by uberstang1
A driveshaft won't make a squeking noise, and the only thing close to a gasket between the driveshaft and the diff is the pinion seal and that could never make a noise loud enough for you to hear inside the car. The squeaking noise you are hearing could be a few different things. 1. The shocks. 2. The spring and or the spring isolator which is a rubber material. 3. Control arm bushings. The humming could be coming from the rear end, I would drain the fluid and refill while checking for excessive metal shavings in the fluids. Also wheel bearings/rear axle tube bearings will make humming noises when they go bad. Also check to make sure the flimsy thing brake dust shields didn't get bent to the point where they are touching the back side of the rotor.
thank you for your response i will do that and by flimsy thing brake dust shields you mean?
Old 09-14-2010, 08:09 PM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

Here's the procedure for adjusting the window height...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Questions about my car