4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Supercharge Installation

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 05:33 PM
0949er
4th Gear Member

I had tripple a do it... requested a flat bed... it was like a extra $7
Old 09-15-2010, 08:34 AM
Blk003GT
4th Gear Member

Hey I got a new built motor out of driving mine to the tuner. Oh wait it blew up on the way and I had to pay for that new motor
Old 09-15-2010, 08:41 AM
HasABetterSN
3rd Gear Member

^ouch. Sorry to hear it man
Old 09-15-2010, 06:19 PM
Hangwire
4th Gear Member

OP I assume if you're talking about I-40 you're getting Fastlane Motorsports tune it? Even if you arent, most tuners are perfectly fine with giving you a "drivable" tune but any reliable or serious shop will charge you half the tune fee up front in order to receive this tune. And I don't blame them, its obvious why. Fastlane charges half the tune fee up front for a drivable tune and as far as I know a professional shop with good experience will not give you a baseline tune that will blow you up. If you stay out of boost and its a shop that has half a clue what they're doing it wont blow. I'll be driving from K-Dale down to Fastlane on their baseline tune with my Kenne Bell, i'm not too worried.

Blk003GT I sure as hell hope a fastlane tune didn't blow you up haha youl have me worried.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:02 PM
Mustang_NTriangle
5th Gear Member

get it towed. You invest all that money in your car to take a risk even a small one does not make any sense to me. Spend the money on a tow. If you don't have AAA Plus buy it as membership fee would cover your tow. Also you save 5% on your auto insurance with AAA as well.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:05 PM
HasABetterSN
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Hangwire
OP I assume if you're talking about I-40 you're getting Fastlane Motorsports tune it? Even if you arent, most tuners are perfectly fine with giving you a "drivable" tune but any reliable or serious shop will charge you half the tune fee up front in order to receive this tune. And I don't blame them, its obvious why. Fastlane charges half the tune fee up front for a drivable tune and as far as I know a professional shop with good experience will not give you a baseline tune that will blow you up. If you stay out of boost and its a shop that has half a clue what they're doing it wont blow. I'll be driving from K-Dale down to Fastlane on their baseline tune with my Kenne Bell, i'm not too worried.

Blk003GT I sure as hell hope a fastlane tune didn't blow you up haha youl have me worried.
Yeah I was planning on Fastlane for sure, they always do fantastic work. Yeah I have an SCT Eliminator chip, so they'd probably be able to load it on there. My roomate has AAA though, so I'm thinking I'll probably get a flatbed
Old 09-15-2010, 09:17 PM
bojangles beast

How much is a super charger kit for a 4.6???
Old 09-15-2010, 11:34 PM
HasABetterSN
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bojangles beast
How much is a super charger kit for a 4.6???
A new one can run you anywhere from $3,600 and a lot further up - what I'm doing (and a couple of the other forum members) is the $1500 supercharger (more like $2000 nowadays)

https://mustangforums.com/forum/pipe...-its-done.html
Old 09-16-2010, 01:15 PM
Hangwire
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mustang_NTriangle
get it towed. You invest all that money in your car to take a risk even a small one does not make any sense to me. Spend the money on a tow. If you don't have AAA Plus buy it as membership fee would cover your tow. Also you save 5% on your auto insurance with AAA as well.
Yeah I have AAA too.....heres my only issue. How much would it BLOW donkey ***** to have it towed down there just to see I didnt install something correctly and i've got check engine lights or some issues? Thats kinda why I want a baseline tune to at least drive around the block and make sure things are operating correctly.

But I am considering this tow thing a lot more now......I'm not dropping 7K in a supercharger kit, accessories and shop fees just to blow it up trying to get cute driving 20 miles away.

Last edited by Hangwire; 09-16-2010 at 01:19 PM.
Old 09-16-2010, 01:28 PM
HasABetterSN
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Hangwire
Yeah I have AAA too.....heres my only issue. How much would it BLOW donkey ***** to have it towed down there just to see I didnt install something correctly and i've got check engine lights or some issues? Thats kinda why I want a baseline tune to at least drive around the block and make sure things are operating correctly.

But I am considering this tow thing a lot more now......I'm not dropping 7K in a supercharger kit, accessories and shop fees just to blow it up trying to get cute driving 20 miles away.
Yeah thats my concern too. I figure if some check engine light bull**** comes on at Fastlane, I'll have them fix it, or something. When you installing yours?

Quick Reply: Supercharge Installation