4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Are they trying to sucker me?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 07:44 PM
chasen1982
2nd Gear Member

crash im suprised at the jerks on this web site.. if they dont want to help me, then stay off my page/post. ya know wut i mean. seems like i come here concerned about my car and gettin it done right, but im running into haters.. people posting negative stuff that isnt' even necessary.. WOW!!
Old 09-29-2010, 07:46 PM
chasen1982
2nd Gear Member

cliffyk u said you wouldn't do either... u wouldn't do the intake or the long tubes for that matter... im not understanding why u wouldn't do those. its as if ur saying they serve no purpose to the good.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:47 PM
chasen1982
2nd Gear Member

cliffyk, or did i misunderstand u.. and u meant u wouldnt even think about it, bcause the price is so cheap, u would get it done with out thinking.. if so.. my bad. i apologize.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:47 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

seriously, on an unbiased opinion, i would think you would be perfectly fine driving it with everything installed if you stayed out of boost. i can see why the tuner says it's unsafe, but realisticly i could see you driving across country with the thing safely, but once again, as long as you never hit boost. while normal driving and slow accel you can have the car run lean and since there's not much stress on it nothing bad will happen. or just pull the vac line on the fpr and plug it, and then the computer will jack the fuel pressure up since there's no vacuum and you'll run a little richer on the way there.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:53 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

Originally Posted by chasen1982
crash im suprised at the jerks on this web site.. if they dont want to help me, then stay off my page/post. ya know wut i mean. seems like i come here concerned about my car and gettin it done right, but im running into haters.. people posting negative stuff that isnt' even necessary.. WOW!!
Actually, just grow some thick skin. You'll find that the intwebz isn't a nice place sometimes. From what I've been reading, it sounds like that you have been asking the same question a few times. Isn't that a tad bit annoying? Anyways, I honestly and wholeheartedly hope that something bad doesn't happen to your car along the way to your tuner. I definitely never wish that to any one person or their car as it obviously causes unnecessary grief. That it all.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:57 PM
chasen1982
2nd Gear Member

CTGreddy thanks I appreciate it.. you sound like u know what you're talking about!!! and CRASH yea i had like 2 posts.. but its confusing when this is your first day on this web site, and u ask a question and u get 20 answers and 10 sayin u can, and 10 saying u cant.. u feel me?? and then when im concerned and just wanna get the right answers people are getting smart with me.. just how it is i guess... so ur right leather skin is needed. lol
Old 09-29-2010, 08:01 PM
darkmach1
4th Gear Member

Those guys are a bunch of thiefs. If they are tuning your car they should be giving you a break in tune in order for you to drive to the shop, EVEN if they arent installing any parts. They can email you a rich tune with very little timing just to make it there, just stay out f boost, this should be free of charge since you have chosen them to do the tuning in your car.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:03 PM
chasen1982
2nd Gear Member

darkmach1... thanks man.. thats probably what im going to do!!!
Old 09-29-2010, 08:05 PM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

Originally Posted by chasen1982
cliffyk, or did i misunderstand u.. and u meant u wouldnt even think about it, bcause the price is so cheap, u would get it done with out thinking.. if so.. my bad. i apologize.
That's what I meant--that I personally would not install (I.e. do the work) LT headers for $100, or an intake manifold for $90.

As to getting LTs installed for $100--I would make damned sure the fellow doing knew what he was doing, and make damned sure I was there to make damned sure he did...

---------------------------------
Remember that "Sticks and stones can break your bones, but names will never hurt you", and also what my grandfather told me over 50 years ago:

"If someone calls you a name or criticises you in some way, if it's not true it's irrelevant and just brands the naysayer a fool--if it is true then you need to improve yourself."

George Monroe ca. 1957

Last edited by cliffyk; 09-29-2010 at 08:11 PM.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:08 PM
chasen1982
2nd Gear Member

cliff.. ok like i said man.. my apologies.. at first it sounded like u meant u wouldnt put them on ur car period. lol just missunderstood you.. lol thanks tho man.. i will be hovering ova his back!!

Quick Reply: Are they trying to sucker me?