4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

A sad day for me. Getting out of mustangs for a while.

Old 10-13-2010, 02:51 PM
JC316
4th Gear Member

Default A sad day for me. Getting out of mustangs for a while.

Well, I have been in a Mustang for the last couple of years, but it's time for me to move on. I am in a situation where my Mustang is nothing more than a toy and an expensive one at that. I am finding myself in need of a truck more often than not, so I bought a 1995 F-150 for dirt cheap. Now my Mustang has to go as I can't afford to keep both.

On the plus side, I am still in the Ford Family. Been a fun ride and you will still see me around here, plus I can guarantee that I will be back in a Mustang inside a few years, probably a Cobra at that.

If anyone is interested, the F-150 is an I6, 5 speed, 1 owner truck. Custom seats, small lift kit, and I gave $1000 for it....
Going from this:

To this:
Old 10-13-2010, 02:57 PM
Spilotro
2nd Gear Member

That's a really clean looking truck, congrats! My cousin grabbed two like this for a steal on craigslist a while back... still no issues with either, and they're driven daily.
Old 10-13-2010, 03:15 PM
bluovalguy
4th Gear Member

It would be nice if you could keep both. Good looking truck. I was looking for that model of F150 too. I dont know why, but I love that body style.
Old 10-13-2010, 03:28 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

congrats on the truck (very nice btw) and most importantly not going into debt!!
Old 10-13-2010, 03:52 PM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

Congrats on that picking up that nice truck man!
Old 10-13-2010, 04:08 PM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

The I6'll run forever and then some, they're solid engines. It's a shame to let go of the Mustang, but you picked up a clean looking truck. Enjoy being able to see over everybody else's cars for a change.
Old 10-13-2010, 04:10 PM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

Now if only all of america could realize when its time to give up their toys so we don't sink further into debt.
Old 10-13-2010, 04:12 PM
JC316
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Spilotro
That's a really clean looking truck, congrats! My cousin grabbed two like this for a steal on craigslist a while back... still no issues with either, and they're driven daily.
It's really nice. The guy I got it from was an aging mechanic, so he kept it well maintained. The reason I got it so cheap was because it needed a clutch. I was very fortunate in getting it because he lived 5 miles up the road from me. He got three calls asking to hold it for them while I was looking at it.

Originally Posted by bluovalguy
It would be nice if you could keep both. Good looking truck. I was looking for that model of F150 too. I dont know why, but I love that body style.
I know, I would love to keep them both, but money got tight on me and the Mustang will bring a nice chunk of spare cash for me. I love the body style too, much better than the 97+ style body. The one thing that I hated about that year truck is the seats, fortunately for me, the guy put custom seats in.

Originally Posted by Soldier GT
congrats on the truck (very nice btw) and most importantly not going into debt!!
Yeah, if I can't pay cash for it, I wont buy it. My stang is paid for too, so all the cash off it's sale goes in my pocket.

Originally Posted by PurpleIcedGT
Congrats on that picking up that nice truck man!
Thanks alot!

Few more pics of it.

Old 10-13-2010, 04:16 PM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

Nice, I used to have an '96 I6 auto 4x4 years back. That truck had 200+K on it and ran like a champ. It was freakin CLEAN to, I was sad to see it go, but its what got me my mustang now.
Old 10-13-2010, 04:26 PM
JC316
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMStanger
The I6'll run forever and then some, they're solid engines. It's a shame to let go of the Mustang, but you picked up a clean looking truck. Enjoy being able to see over everybody else's cars for a change.
Yeah, that is what I have been hearing. This is my first experience with the I6. Tell you one thing though, it has more ***** than the 145hp/260 torque claims.... I am thinking that they underrated that engine.

Originally Posted by SVTeeshirt
Now if only all of america could realize when its time to give up their toys so we don't sink further into debt.
Yeah +1.

Originally Posted by H0SS302
Nice, I used to have an '96 I6 auto 4x4 years back. That truck had 200+K on it and ran like a champ. It was freakin CLEAN to, I was sad to see it go, but its what got me my mustang now.
Nice! We are in reverse situations. The one I picked up has 230K miles on it.... Most people estimate about 85K miles on it. Again though, mechanic owned and pure highway miles.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: A sad day for me. Getting out of mustangs for a while.