4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Nitrous requirements.

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 05:19 PM
GTRACER88
5th Gear Member

I did forget to mention one step colder plugs! Need them.
Old 10-14-2010, 05:26 PM
WhiteFoxGT
Resident Ford Troll

TS, are you 100% sure on the kit you are getting?

ZEX is nice because its 3 wires and your done. You can run a window switch in with it to make it safe for RPMs and missed gears. Skip the remote bottle opener, and definitely get a heater. Upgrade the fuel pump and grab some NGK tr6s gapped at .028. I'd also look into getting a nice pressure guage mounted somewhere in sight. That way you know when to turn the heater on/off
Old 10-14-2010, 05:37 PM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

Dynotune has a TPS and Window switch built into one unit. I would highly recommend that as I did not like the WOT switch that came with my NX kit.

And I'm with Killjoy in that the Zex bottle warmers won't heat up the bottle enough. I couldn't get my bottle past like 900psi with it.

If you are planning on doing the install yourself, which is very easy, I recommend trying and getting a nice, like new kit. The kit I bought was very used (it worked just fine though) and the install was more difficult then it should have been.
Old 10-14-2010, 05:49 PM
mustangmancp
5th Gear Member

I mean the kit im lookin at is a NEW kit that he never used. But he hasn't pm'd be back yet so idk for sure the kit im lookin for.

If not this i was lookin at this HSW kit? Its like $200 cheaper then a new ZEX kit...BUT idk if it's like a "you get what you pay for" kind of thing.
Old 10-14-2010, 06:44 PM
GTRACER88
5th Gear Member

HSW is big in the LSx world. Just like dynotune nitrous. They are far from cutting corners.. Lol.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:31 PM
mustangmancp
5th Gear Member

So hell i could get the HSW kit...a dynotune TPS/ window switch...and a purge kit and bottle warmer and come out ahead right??

The guy's selling his kit for 900 guages and all. Im offering 800

EDIT: Why are plate kits more expensive then a regular wet kit?

Last edited by mustangmancp; 10-14-2010 at 08:01 PM.
Old 10-14-2010, 08:38 PM
tbirdscwd
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mustangmancp
So hell i could get the HSW kit...a dynotune TPS/ window switch...and a purge kit and bottle warmer and come out ahead right??

The guy's selling his kit for 900 guages and all. Im offering 800

EDIT: Why are plate kits more expensive then a regular wet kit?
Because you are paying for a decent size billet aluminum and usually anodized piece of hardware instead of just a small nozzle.
Old 10-14-2010, 08:56 PM
mustangmancp
5th Gear Member

Ok guys this is my other plan...tell me what ya think...

HSW Sudden Impact Wet Kit: 370
Zex Purge Kit: 112
Dynotune Window/TPS switch: 109
Dynotune Bottle warmer: 99
Dynotune bottle pressure gauge: 169
Dynotune A/F ratio gauge: 89
Gauge pod: ????

This will add up to a lil over 1k dollars.

The kit im lookin at will include the gauge pod and gauges but for $450 lil more then the kit^^^.

And the kit itself will include the kit/bottle/window switch. So ^^^ kit will have the purge AND the TPS switch.

Which would you guys reccommend???

EDIT: Forgot plugs: neither kit includes them so thats some more $$
Old 10-14-2010, 09:10 PM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

Sounds like the NX kit is a better deal, if it's brand new like you said. Just buy the purge and TPS seperately from Dynotune and sell the window switch that comes with the NX kit for real cheap. Everybody is always looking for a cheap window switch.
Old 10-14-2010, 09:17 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

go hsw if you don't get the nx kit. and personally, get the harris speedworks microedge controller over the dynotune switch. i have one and it is amazing. you can lock out gears, hook it up to your wideband so that if it goes lean/rich it'll cut it off, set rpm ranges, lots and lots of features. but anyways. you will want a fuel pump and deff a GOOD bottle warmer, also like others said a purge is not needed and is really just for show in most cases. i'm pretty sure i'm gonna end up taking my kit off my '95 and putting it on my '00 next summer and will upgrade my pump, swap to colder plugs, pull 1 degree of timing for every 25horse shot, and swap over kit, warmer, and microedge.

Quick Reply: Nitrous requirements.