4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Dyno Numbers!!Not what I expected or.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 07:31 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Default Dyno Numbers!!Not what I expected or.....

Well gentelman pulled the car to the dyno shop in St Louis.. Ok these are my numbers: RWHP: 386.98 Tourque: 340.33. I'm kinda dissapointed (well really dissapointed) that I didn't reach my goal of 400+. The guy who dynoed the car wouldn't push it to hard because the Fuel pump that I bought was cutting out at a certain RPM and the car had started running dangerously lean. He suggested that I buy a KB boost a pump which I plan on installing at the end of the month. So, I guess my goal of 400 will have to wait until next month but I can honesltly tell you that it is a different car.. Coming back from St Louis I couldn't resist the urge to drop the hammer a couple times. It pullls like a beast! Some time this week I will post the vids and the dyno sheet..It was my first time at a dyno shop and man I had a blast!!! Once again thanks for all the help guys!!
Old 10-19-2010, 07:35 PM
Hangwire
4th Gear Member

Eh I JUSSSST posted on your other thread. Fuel is MOST DEFINITELY holding you back, what kind of pump do you have because its going to take a killer single fuel pump without a BAP to support that much fuel. You clearly have a setup to make more power than me. I'm a little surprised at the low TQ compared to the HP considering you were pegging your fuel pump. What kind of MAF do you have, and injectors?
Old 10-19-2010, 07:35 PM
dwtjr3
5th Gear Member

Those are not bad numbers at all. I want a F/I setup of some kind so bad. Sorry for the disappointment but congrats on only being 14 rwhp away from your goal
Old 10-19-2010, 07:46 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Hangwire
Eh I JUSSSST posted on your other thread. Fuel is MOST DEFINITELY holding you back, what kind of pump do you have because its going to take a killer single fuel pump without a BAP to support that much fuel. You clearly have a setup to make more power than me. I'm a little surprised at the low TQ compared to the HP considering you were pegging your fuel pump. What kind of MAF do you have, and injectors?
Hey thxs bro. I got Seimens 42 lb Injectors and HPX O5 Slot Style Maf. I'm gonna look for the boost a pump tonight and see if I can buy one used. If I have to buy a new one than so be it. Gonna try to go back next month and get it redynoed afer I install the Boost Pump.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:48 PM
AustinBoston17
2nd Gear Member

Good job man. You arent too far behind your goal.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:50 PM
kugzgt
5th Gear Member

that motor is hungry brotha! but at least its ALIVE!!!!!!! MUAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Old 10-19-2010, 07:53 PM
Fuel
4th Gear Member

so these numbers were with the stock fuel pump?
Old 10-19-2010, 07:54 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

that is still very impressive. just get that bap and you'll get your goal.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:57 PM
Hangwire
4th Gear Member

How big is your MAF? 80mm, 90mm or more?

I think you guys are a little misguided, he should be making at least 400HP and TQ with his setup or very close. Id be disapointed too. Hes got PLENTY more on tap he just needs the fuel to match the air and spark.

Soldier what fuel pump do you have? Hopefully not stock......if so you shoulda known better haha. Even with my BAP my tuner initially thought with my 36LB injectors and stock pump that I would be maxed and need a pump. I ended up ok. I dont see many used BAPS being sold at all because there aren't very many circumstances where somebody moves to a setup where they no longer need their BAP. Go ahead and buy it new and hit me up with absolutely any questions you have about it. When you get it I suggest wiring the vacuum switch wires together to run it "full time" instead of screwing around with wiring the switch all the way up through the firewall into the boost plumbing. Your tuner should know what this means.

I'm not sure if the vacuum switch comes with non-KB setups or not though.

Last edited by Hangwire; 10-19-2010 at 08:00 PM.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:59 PM
2000AZ5.0GT
5th Gear Member

if your fuel pump is cutting out in the mid 5000RPM range, you're definitely being held back. I believe Scubasteve was running under 400rwhp until he found out he was running dangerously lean, straightened it out, and hit 470+rwhp, just from changing that one thing..

Quick Reply: Dyno Numbers!!Not what I expected or.....