4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Lets Play: What came out of my intake manifold!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 08:08 PM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

Im still waiting for find out what those pieces belong to...

Matthew
Old 09-22-2012, 06:42 PM
69MustangCoupe393cid
4th Gear Member

What kind of power you expect to be pushing?
Old 09-22-2012, 06:54 PM
TRexGAWD
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Matt's 95 Stang
Im still waiting for find out what those pieces belong to...

Matthew
This

I keep coming back in this thread to find out.. Longest suspense ever! ha
Old 09-23-2012, 08:47 AM
sailorflavor
2nd Gear Member

I expect about 550 ish and it if the longest suspense ever but that is what happens when you are in the armed forces lol.
Old 09-23-2012, 12:57 PM
TRexGAWD
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by sailorflavor
I expect about 550 ish and it if the longest suspense ever but that is what happens when you are in the armed forces lol.
Ha, trust me I know.. I've been in awhile..
Old 04-26-2014, 09:01 PM
sailorflavor
2nd Gear Member

Alright gentlemen, I finally got the block out, and tore down the old motor. It ended up being a piece of the plenum. I also found the knocking in the motor which was the passenger side head. It wasn't receiving oil! Grr! I have about three more parts to buy to finish putting together the new block and then I will be able to drop it in with my son. I will show you guys the pictures that I have so far and you will be amazed at how bad the internals of the old motor were. I will also post pics of the motor out. Hopefully finishing up this summer if the Military doesn't get in the way again! Sorry for the longest suspense ever!
Old 04-26-2014, 09:43 PM
Hangwire
4th Gear Member

Holy crap I just reread this whole thread and forgot I even posted. Funny thing is before I came to my post the first thing I thought based on pictures was piston ring. Then I thought the only thing metal before the intake manifold is the TB and plenum and thought theres no way something sheared off of either of those. Looks like I was still wrong.

Where in the world on the plenum did this metal shear off from?

Grats on the rebuild.
Old 04-26-2014, 09:46 PM
sailorflavor
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Hangwire
Holy crap I just reread this whole thread and forgot I even posted. Funny thing is before I came to my post the first thing I thought based on pictures was piston ring. Then I thought the only thing metal before the intake manifold is the TB and plenum and thought theres no way something sheared off of either of those. Looks like I was still wrong.

Where in the world on the plenum did this metal shear off from?

Grats on the rebuild.
It was straight off of the area where the plenum bolts to the TB. It looked kinda like it was faulty or something but I have a new one now.
Old 04-28-2014, 02:07 PM
WhiteFoxGT
Resident Ford Troll

the never ending saga finally comes to a conclusion
Old 04-28-2014, 02:51 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by sailorflavor
Alright gentlemen, I finally got the block out, and tore down the old motor. It ended up being a piece of the plenum. I also found the knocking in the motor which was the passenger side head. It wasn't receiving oil! Grr! I have about three more parts to buy to finish putting together the new block and then I will be able to drop it in with my son. I will show you guys the pictures that I have so far and you will be amazed at how bad the internals of the old motor were. I will also post pics of the motor out. Hopefully finishing up this summer if the Military doesn't get in the way again! Sorry for the longest suspense ever!
OMG, FINALLY! I was reading the thread and thinking to myself...'it would really suck if this were still a question'!

So the plenum split? Did it create a hole or was it bits of the casting seam inside that broke off?

Quick Reply: Lets Play: What came out of my intake manifold!