4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Random topic: Do you think the "New Edges" will ever be classics like the 60s stangs?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 01:23 AM
MineralGrey
3rd Gear Member

Well everyone is talking about how so many of our mustangs are mass produced and no one is going to want them. I read Jay Leno's article a few years back in popular mechanics magazine where he stated back then, in the 60's and 70s, everyone had the same mindset as we do now. There are so many mustangs and no one is going to want them in the future. Fast forward to today and they are pretty rare desirable. So 20 or 30 years from now you never know what people will like, or be into. Who knows maybe we wont be able to drive them anymore, due to the oil running out. And with this new NObama plan where he wants us to get rid of our used vehicles and buy new "Greener cars", who knows how many people will just get there mustang crushed say they can get their 2022 Ford Fagleaf. So we dont know till we get there.
Old 12-08-2010, 04:17 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Back in the 60s and 70s the muscle cars were mass produced as well, there were TONS of them and just about everyone drove one.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:43 AM
99GTvert
is my username.

OBAMA!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-08-2010, 10:28 AM
natedog
3rd Gear Member

I'll vote yes, bc I'd like to sell mine for a pretty penny when that time comes lol
Old 12-08-2010, 01:23 PM
bluovalguy
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MineralGrey
Well everyone is talking about how so many of our mustangs are mass produced and no one is going to want them. I read Jay Leno's article a few years back in popular mechanics magazine where he stated back then, in the 60's and 70s, everyone had the same mindset as we do now. There are so many mustangs and no one is going to want them in the future. Fast forward to today and they are pretty rare desirable. So 20 or 30 years from now you never know what people will like, or be into. Who knows maybe we wont be able to drive them anymore, due to the oil running out. And with this new NObama plan where he wants us to get rid of our used vehicles and buy new "Greener cars", who knows how many people will just get there mustang crushed say they can get their 2022 Ford Fagleaf. So we dont know till we get there.
I'm gonna have to agree with this. Will they ever bring huge payoffs, nope. But will people still enjoy seeing a 30 year old muscle car rolling down the street in the sea of eletric poop boxes, yeah.

As for the current buyers of mustangs being women, nothing has changed since 64. There is a mustang for everyone from a hardcore gearhead to a secratary who doesn't know the difference between a v8 and hampster on a wheel. Its been that way since day one.

As far as mass production killing the love, look at the production numbers of the classics compared to current cars. And we all still love the classics.

So, I dont think you will ever get rich with a new edge/s197, but they will still be appreciated way down the road.
Old 12-08-2010, 01:38 PM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Obama what a joke..........he's not a president hes a celebrity, I personally can't wait for his retarded a*s to get booted out of office.

Last edited by uberstang1; 12-08-2010 at 01:41 PM.
Old 12-08-2010, 01:43 PM
tightdogal
5th Gear Member

Come on, no lame political crap in here. GEEEZZZZ

....go obama!
Old 12-08-2010, 07:15 PM
tbirdscwd
5th Gear Member

I just dropped a fat OBAMA!!!! I just lost like 5 pounds
Old 12-08-2010, 07:25 PM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by tightdogal
Come on, no lame political crap in here. GEEEZZZZ

....go obama!
I automatically dont like you now.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:38 PM
fidelcastrol
2nd Gear Member

Obama is nothing more than the spokesman for the Bilderberg group that will try to cram higher tax down our throats in the form of carbon emissions taxes and if we revolt they have plenty of FEMA concentration camps that they'll stick us in to build electric s.h.i.t. cars that the sheep will drive as they work more than 6 months out of the year to pay taxes to the Council on foreign relations and the other tyrants of this oligarchy. I for one will drive my new edge well into the future even if I have to turn it into a mad max car. Flame on!

Quick Reply: Random topic: Do you think the "New Edges" will ever be classics like the 60s stangs?