4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Ordering suspension this week...NEED help.

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 06:12 PM
tbirdscwd
5th Gear Member

:facepalm
Old 12-09-2010, 06:25 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

I'd go all MM or Steeda. If you aren't planning an all out drag car, all the spendy adjustable stuff won't really be used to it's abilities.
Old 12-09-2010, 06:48 PM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

if you are going to DD it, please don't cheap out, last thing you want is to have your suspension components fail and you smack someone elses ride just cause you were cheap.

Griggs, MM, Steeda, or Team Z. They are all respectable and streetable.

Last edited by Aereon; 12-09-2010 at 08:00 PM.
Old 12-09-2010, 07:05 PM
rygi23
4th Gear Member

This is just my own experience. Without monstrous hp/tq a quality set of DRs along w/ a proper burnout is all that's needed for good launches at the track so just go with a good looking and good performing all-around suspension set-up. My Mach used to be lowered and it didn't hurt it at the track at all with good rubber out back, but a drag set-up isn't needed and sacrafices other types of driving. Just my opinion from my experience ofcourse.
Old 12-09-2010, 07:53 PM
mustangmancp
5th Gear Member

Well i mean later on down the road it will get more drag time. But for now i mean its like 2-3 trips pwer year. I just don't want to do this twice. Ill be getting a beater towards the end of next summer so i can deal w/ the driveablity over the spring/summer.

I will NOT be road racing this car...not really into that. I like a straight line lol.
Old 12-09-2010, 07:54 PM
oxfordgt
6th Gear Member

I would go with all Baseline parts. I have seen my roomates car hit the ground an hour after installing UPR uppers and they broke in half. I won't touch UPR suspension parts.
I wouldn't use Teamz or Maximum motorsports because they are way over priced for what they are. If you buy Steeda parts you might as well just buy summit brand or Mac cause there is no difference.

I used Baseline pro launch 1 kit with megabite jr LCA and cut 1.3 60' with drag radials.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:00 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

I forgot about megabite control arms. Go for those. They are good.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:01 PM
mustangmancp
5th Gear Member

How much are the LCAs because Livernoise says to call for the price.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:11 PM
tbirdscwd
5th Gear Member

Ehem.......http://www.cheperformance.com/CartGenie/prod-14.htm

I would definitely not think twice about the CHEs or the Megabite Jrs, but I have a feeling the Megabites are a little more pricey. That and, if you go with a set of relocated uppers like the baseline pro-launch, you don't need to worry about the relocating brackets that are found on the Megabite LCA kit. If you go with the Megabites, then go with a conventional upper
Old 12-09-2010, 08:17 PM
oxfordgt
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by tbirdscwd
Ehem.......http://www.cheperformance.com/CartGenie/prod-14.htm

I would definitely not think twice about the CHEs or the Megabite Jrs, but I have a feeling the Megabites are a little more pricey. That and, if you go with a set of relocated uppers like the baseline pro-launch, you don't need to worry about the relocating brackets that are found on the Megabite LCA kit. If you go with the Megabites, then go with a conventional upper
Disregard all in the bold because it is completely wrong. Relocating the mounting points on the uppers and lowers do different things.

Quick Reply: Ordering suspension this week...NEED help.