4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Any 4.6ers live in the Durham NC area?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 11:00 AM
TRUEBLUE3934
4th Gear Member

NC is a very nice change of pace if your coming down from the North. I moved from Poughkeepie, NY to the Raleigh area in 1984 after I graduated high school. NO WAY I'd move back up North again. I wouldn't want to deal with the winters and CRAPPY roads they cause. NC has a nice blend of mountains, flat lands, and beaches. You won't regret moving to NC.
GOOD LUCK in your job searches!!!
Old 12-14-2010, 12:38 PM
sonicx
speed'n

Originally Posted by uberstang1
Ill be going down for a job in the durham police dept hopefully, let me tell ya how worthless a bachelors in criminal justice is, no good paying jobs in PA besides state police and I been on the budjet freeze for 1.5 years its getting old
i maybe heading that direction w/in the next couple years as well for biz. so if im speeding down there in the stang you'd let a fellow mfer go w/ a warning right?
Old 12-14-2010, 12:47 PM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

LOL if Uber ever tried pulling me over, I'd lead him on a 10 mile chase ****on empty highway road*** then finally pull over and ice him.

*disclaimer, this is purely a joke between buddies, please do not get all tightass'd about a simple joke. kthxbai
Old 12-14-2010, 12:48 PM
sonicx
speed'n

hahaha is that w/ or w/o moonshine in your trunk? I just wanna make sure you have your story straight rob lol.
Old 12-14-2010, 01:14 PM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Ill ram the pushbar right up the rear end of you're car, cause everyone knows you like things rammed on u from behind rob
Old 12-14-2010, 01:48 PM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

hahahaha what do I look like, Rodney King?
Old 12-14-2010, 08:38 PM
fidelcastrol
2nd Gear Member

I'm in King, NC about 2 hrs from Raleigh, I'm a yankee transplant from NYC. Here's the positives, low rent/mortgage payments, smooth roads (except some parts of Charlotte), great weather for 9 to 10 months out of the year, booming job growth (my company is getting ready to hire 200+ people, not b.s. jobs either excellent paying jobs with top notch benefits), crime isn't so bad just buy a house in a nice neighborhood (aka white neighborhood) I'm latin and I'm sorry I got tired of car alarms and detachable face radios, gas is cheaper. The not so good part is mechanics are expensive down here, the clubs suck and shut down @ 3am unlike NYC's party all night into the morning, cars tend to be pretty expensive most sellers seem to be unmotivated unlike NYC everyone is tired of being chased around by the meter maids, almost forgot no bloody parking meters in 99% of NC unless it's the beach, Charlotte or Raleigh. Oh and the cops down here aren't ********, I got caught doing 140mph on a gixxer and he wrote me a 65 in a 55 ticket, I know some goody 2 shoes will chime in on that one so lets just say I learned my lesson and save the racing for VIR which by the way is not far at all from me or Raleigh.
Old 12-15-2010, 12:17 PM
sonicx
speed'n

Originally Posted by fidelcastrol
I'm in King, NC about 2 hrs from Raleigh, I'm a yankee transplant from NYC. Here's the positives, low rent/mortgage payments, smooth roads (except some parts of Charlotte), great weather for 9 to 10 months out of the year, booming job growth (my company is getting ready to hire 200+ people, not b.s. jobs either excellent paying jobs with top notch benefits), crime isn't so bad just buy a house in a nice neighborhood (aka white neighborhood) I'm latin and I'm sorry I got tired of car alarms and detachable face radios, gas is cheaper. The not so good part is mechanics are expensive down here, the clubs suck and shut down @ 3am unlike NYC's party all night into the morning, cars tend to be pretty expensive most sellers seem to be unmotivated unlike NYC everyone is tired of being chased around by the meter maids, almost forgot no bloody parking meters in 99% of NC unless it's the beach, Charlotte or Raleigh. Oh and the cops down here aren't ********, I got caught doing 140mph on a gixxer and he wrote me a 65 in a 55 ticket, I know some goody 2 shoes will chime in on that one so lets just say I learned my lesson and save the racing for VIR which by the way is not far at all from me or Raleigh.

For the most part that doesn't sound too bad ^. I've been told of similar things from other people i've met who live / have lived in the area. The mech labor charge can't be more that what shops around the Twin Cities.... it's highway robbery! It's interesting though thought there would be alot more mech down there and because of that they would want to stay comp. with one another.... thus keeping labor per hour rates low.
Old 12-15-2010, 12:55 PM
fidelcastrol
2nd Gear Member

Let me rephrase that Sonic, a decent mechanic at a decent labor rate. I'll give you an example, I was looking for a front wheel alignment for my car, some shops wanted to charge me $159 because the car has been lowered and that was plus camber bolts, then others want $39 for alignment including the camber bolts. The thing about shops down here is that they know you gotta drive to get around down here, no riding buses, subways or walking, eff that anyway. The thing about MN is all the richie rich tree huggers up there, Pruii are expensive to work on.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:30 PM
99GTM
1st Gear Member

I live in Virginia up near DC right now, but I've lived near Raleigh for most of my life and could end up back down there someday. It's not a bad area at all, it's a lot slower of a pace than huge cities, but compared to a lot of NC, Raleigh is like NYC. There's a lot to do, and the best part is that there aren't retarded emissions laws like I suffer here. Forget about doing an OR X pipe or anything illegal at ALL where I live. The taxes here are ridiculous, I can't wait to leave sometimes. Congrats on moving to that area, I'm positive you'll enjoy it.. and maybe see you down there someday.

Quick Reply: Any 4.6ers live in the Durham NC area?