MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-general-discussion-88/)
-   -   Catless in strict states? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-general-discussion/628825-catless-in-strict-states.html)

99GTM 01-11-2011 12:05 AM

Catless in strict states?

Anyone running an O/R pipe in a locale that has emissions laws? I just passed emissions recently so I'm good for two years.. I think it's worth it to strap on a catless setup for 2 good years. Just wondering what kind of attention I'll get when I go in for a safety inspection next year. Don't they look at things like that outside of the emissions inspection?

Anyone have an opinion about this who lives in emissions snob states?

JC316 01-11-2011 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by 99GTM (Post 7368993)
Anyone running an O/R pipe in a locale that has emissions laws? I just passed emissions recently so I'm good for two years.. I think it's worth it to strap on a catless setup for 2 good years. Just wondering what kind of attention I'll get when I go in for a safety inspection next year. Don't they look at things like that outside of the emissions inspection?

Anyone have an opinion about this who lives in emissions snob states?

Depends on the inspector ;)

I recommend going to the shadiest ghetto inspection shop to get it done.

uberstang1 01-11-2011 05:06 AM

I've been catless since I've owned the car in PA, either have to be friends with an inspector or take it to someone who is to lazy to put the car on a lift. In PA the emissions is just a visual inspection for emmission related parts and a gas cap check.

smitty2919 01-11-2011 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by JC316 (Post 7369055)
Depends on the inspector ;)

I recommend going to the shadiest ghetto inspection shop to get it done.

+1

Originally Posted by uberstang1 (Post 7369107)
I've been catless since I've owned the car in PA, either have to be friends with an inspector or take it to someone who is to lazy to put the car on a lift. In PA the emissions is just a visual inspection for emmission related parts and a gas cap check.

+2

boduke0220 01-11-2011 09:30 AM

ive been catless for 3 years and the inspector looked under my car and smiled at me and said " so thats how you got it sounding so good?"

H0SS302 01-11-2011 10:01 AM

Just have a catted midpipe that is gutted.. lol

PurpleIcedGT 01-11-2011 10:07 AM

keep the stock midpipe for when emissions times come and run the offroad pipe. I think it all boils down to how you drive. Have been running a catless midpipe on my car in CT for nearly two years and CT is very strict with its emissions laws. Don't drive like an asshole and you'll be fine. Also, if you get pulled over, just turn your car off before the cop gets out of the car...LOL

DreamerGT 01-11-2011 10:32 AM

here as long as your check engine light is off, you should be ok. I have yet to see a shop look under my car.

smitty2919 01-11-2011 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by PurpleIcedGT (Post 7369292)
keep the stock midpipe for when emissions times come and run the offroad pipe. I think it all boils down to how you drive. Have been running a catless midpipe on my car in CT for nearly two years and CT is very strict with its emissions laws. Don't drive like an asshole and you'll be fine. Also, if you get pulled over, just turn your car off before the cop gets out of the car...LOL

Yea OP, ask ^ guy how he knows about getting pulled over... HA

mustangmancp 01-11-2011 10:35 AM

Yea im jsut buddies w/ the guys that check my car. And just not driving like a fool and getting unwated attention