4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Daylight pics of black housing/smoked headlights

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 09:50 PM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

Bo- you know damn well that I was kidding....I love how that damn car looks.
Old 01-17-2011, 10:23 PM
bopiela
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 72MachOne99GT
I forget what you said *well, im actually to lazy to look for the post with the other pictures* that you did to the front bumper..

I can see that you got rid of the 'supports' are located more toward teh center of the bottom opening,,, did you alter the shape of it as well? or mold in a piece that sits where most of us put our chin spoilers?

3rd pic is just sex for me
I cut out the supports, filled the holes, filled in the license plate frame area, bought and molded in a mach 1 chin spoiler. Made it one piece essentially. Once those fogs are tinted, i think the front might be done....

Originally Posted by mrtstang
Looks great man! I'm looking forward to seeing that thing at a few car shows this year. BTW, you ever thought about doing the Mach 1 grill delete. I think it would help to compliment the rest of your ride.

I have considered. Been going back and forth. I kind of like my grill. Thinking of tinting the pony and ring around it though, just to give it that black chrome effect...
And I can't wait for shows this year. I look forward to meeting you guys and seeing the feedback on my car!
Originally Posted by H0SS302
Few cars really make it move.....your car makes it move.

Good job dude.
Thanks man. Always appreciate a compliment. (But what am I making move? haha)

Originally Posted by JRad405
You will definitely love the tints. Once you have it you definitely won't want to go back. I have Corbeau seats just because my girl was complaining about them hurting her back (not that they help the ride comfort for her), but they definitely feel great if you are taking turns quicker than normal.
Which Corbeau's do you have? I'm thinking of the CR1's or LG1's. And yeah, I can't wait to get the tint done and the exterior finalized on this car, haha.

Originally Posted by PurpleIcedGT
Bo- you know damn well that I was kidding....I love how that damn car looks.
haha i know man. just asking in case i needed to start picking fights as well. hopefully i can make a big show this year that some of you guys will be at. would be a blast.
Old 01-17-2011, 11:23 PM
JRad405
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bopiela

Which Corbeau's do you have? I'm thinking of the CR1's or LG1's. And yeah, I can't wait to get the tint done and the exterior finalized on this car, haha.
I have the A4's. They are a little tight if you are a bigger guy for the non-wide ones. I think the CR1's have more room for the non-wide. But I'm a skinny asian kid who can fit in tighter seats. I may have gotten a wide version if it didn't cost so much extra.

The CR1's in my opinion are really nice and I would have bought those if they weren't so much more too.
Old 01-17-2011, 11:54 PM
hpwrestler220
6th Gear Member

Love it.. Darken that grille
Old 01-18-2011, 12:50 AM
Brute03
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by hpwrestler220
....or delete it all together
Old 01-18-2011, 05:19 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Lookin good, I think black chrome wheels would be t*ts on that.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:32 AM
bopiela
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by hpwrestler220
Thanks man. And that's the plan as of now - again, the weather is preventing me though, haha.

Originally Posted by uberstang1
Lookin good, I think black chrome wheels would be t*ts on that.
I think so too. But they didn't have my style in black chrome at the time, and I really like them and how they look. Not saying I won't change them, but it def won't be in the near future...
Old 01-18-2011, 02:50 PM
72MachOne99GT
2010 Blue Ball Award Recipient

I cut out the supports, filled the holes, filled in the license plate frame area, bought and molded in a mach 1 chin spoiler. Made it one piece essentially. Once those fogs are tinted, i think the front might be done....

Any idea what this might cost to have done/copied?

I think the front end of your car is simply one of the cleanest, but most aggressive looking front ends I've seen. I like the 99/01 front bumper, but something about it just doesnt look right.

The supports being gone, and the single color across teh front where the mach 1 spoiler usually is, is awesome *and of course, a smooth bumper > license plate spot*
Old 01-18-2011, 03:07 PM
bopiela
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 72MachOne99GT
Any idea what this might cost to have done/copied?

I think the front end of your car is simply one of the cleanest, but most aggressive looking front ends I've seen. I like the 99/01 front bumper, but something about it just doesnt look right.

The supports being gone, and the single color across teh front where the mach 1 spoiler usually is, is awesome *and of course, a smooth bumper > license plate spot*
Thanks man, I love the bumper too!!!

I would bet you're looking at OEM Cobra bumper cost for that... If you don't do body work or know someone that is. Let me see if I can put a price point together on the bumper and everything that went into it and I'll get back to you.
Old 01-18-2011, 04:23 PM
MCxQubed
5th Gear Member

i remember watching ur car from the begining haha its come a long way, looks really good

Quick Reply: Daylight pics of black housing/smoked headlights