4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

car alarm question? police gave me a ticket for it

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 06:23 PM
fordforlife0225
4th Gear Member

Default car alarm question? police gave me a ticket for it

and i quote " i spoke to you last week in regards to your sensitive, possibly malfunctioning car alarm. drove by today and it went off again. please have it looked at to ensure it is accurately functioning and will properly deter crime, and remove unneccessary activation." "also when i placed this on your car your alarm did not go off"

wtf!!!!

the first time it went off it was midnight and they parked beside my car to go break up a party in my complex, and my alarm went off. so i was thinking it was her spotlight, maby the heat from it? this time it was in the day so i dont know, maby their radio or something on their car, other than that i dont know what it could be. it only happens when cops or thugs with alot of bass park beside me.

it is a sensitive alarm, but on purpose. if i have the top down and someone so much as sticks their arm over the door it will go off, they dont even have to touch anything. other than that it doesnt go off for no real reason.
Old 01-28-2011, 06:45 PM
0949er
4th Gear Member

sounds to me like you pissed them off because it wet off when they pulled up and now they are just kinda targeting you to kill some time. Your better off just ignoring it, I really dont think they have any legal grounds on actually ticketing you... I think they are trying to scare you because it probably made them upset for some reason. The fact that they came back to check it out is really disturbing.
Old 01-28-2011, 07:15 PM
fordforlife0225
4th Gear Member

yea, you have a good point. as for why they were back, they have to patrol this complex regularly. i thought i was in the good part of town, but i guess not. it is a nice complex but the parties and theft is bad because we are still close to the bad part of town and sometimes it spills over. i know they have no grounds to charge me so im not worried about it. just dont know why it went off when they drive by it

p.s i woke up this morning and found a damn shopping cart in the bed of my f150. who the hell does that?
Old 01-28-2011, 07:39 PM
JRad405
3rd Gear Member

You have some creepy cops. How much was the ticket, if you don't mind me asking.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:06 PM
grogan
3rd Gear Member

sounds like the cops want to break into your car but cant because of your alarm lol

i see your in maryland too.. there are a lot of crooked ones here in p.g. county.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:36 PM
Strange Agent
1st Gear Member

Who cares if they don't have legal grounds? Don't ever get on the bad side of cops. If they're targeting you, they're going to win that battle.

Just save yourself some aggravation and back the alarm off a bit.

Those are my thoughts on this matter, even if you can stick it to the cops, you have to choose your battles. If they want to aggravate you, there's little you can do to stop them.
Old 01-28-2011, 11:09 PM
everett
2nd Gear Member

Cops. Bullies with a badge. Someone picked on him when he was a 6 year old and you are paying for it. Biggest gang on earth paid by you the taxpayer...
Old 01-29-2011, 06:19 AM
andrewmp6
6th Gear Member

I wouldn't want to **** a cop off any alarm can get a ticket for disturbing the peace.They know the loop holes to use to tick you off.Not trying to be a dick but a alarm won't stop the car from being stolen.
Old 01-29-2011, 07:28 AM
DRAGUL
5th Gear Member

Yes you can get a ticket for the alarm going off.
Old 01-29-2011, 07:49 AM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by andrewmp6
I wouldn't want to **** a cop off any alarm can get a ticket for disturbing the peace.They know the loop holes to use to tick you off.Not trying to be a dick but a alarm won't stop the car from being stolen.

totally agree. fordforlife you might either want to move or get that alarm adjusted a bit. Seems as though the tenants in the apartment complex are targeting you also (hence shopping cart in back of your truck). Good luck man..

Quick Reply: car alarm question? police gave me a ticket for it