4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Trying to figure out best intake manifold choice for a na big bore stroker 2v setup

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 02:32 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...n-setup-s.html

Posted that the other day as I may be going for an N/A setup. But check out some of the info in that thread. Some of it is jiberish(cliffy...lol) but definitely good info none-the-less.
Old 02-06-2011, 02:35 PM
04black2v

Originally Posted by mustangmancp
Yea man ill PM ya when im down for teh summer and goin to the strip...maybe we can cruise...i wanna see how that b*tch runs! lol

But what kinda cams you using?

And id almost try a carb set up if you're more comfortable with it then the EFI stuff. I mean Jim and the boys would know that stuff.
I'm still stock on everything except exhaust since the car is still doin daily driver duties but I'll end up doin a custom cam setup and also I don't wanna buy any small bolt ons since several of them will be pointless cause I'll have to pitch em I'll probably have und. pulleys on it here soon but I wanna focus more on heads and the shortblock cause I just got my frpp boss block a couple weeks ago
Old 02-06-2011, 02:38 PM
04black2v

Originally Posted by teej281
http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...n-setup-s.html

Posted that the other day as I may be going for an N/A setup. But check out some of the info in that thread. Some of it is jiberish(cliffy...lol) but definitely good info none-the-less.
Alright cool thanks I really appreciate all the help you guys have given me so far I was kinda worried everyone would bash me and say why go n/a do a a trim or a kenne bell or procharger or whatever fi setup they can think of
Old 02-06-2011, 02:56 PM
04black2v

Originally Posted by 04black2v
Alright cool thanks I really appreciate all the help you guys have given me so far I was kinda worried everyone would bash me and say why go n/a do a a trim or a kenne bell or procharger or whatever fi setup they can think of
I meant s trim stupid iPhone lol
Old 02-06-2011, 03:09 PM
mustangmancp
5th Gear Member

Gotcha gotcha...i mean i won't be done w/ school til May..so you got plenty of time .

Gonna be a beast dude! Good luck w/ everything. We'll always be here for any questions...good guys on this site that really know their stuff!
Old 02-06-2011, 03:53 PM
04black2v

Originally Posted by mustangmancp
Gotcha gotcha...i mean i won't be done w/ school til May..so you got plenty of time .

Gonna be a beast dude! Good luck w/ everything. We'll always be here for any questions...good guys on this site that really know their stuff!
Oh yeah I'm so excited I'm also curious about doin water/meth injection to get away with a little more compression is that possible or no I just know that stuff works wonders with fi setups
Old 02-06-2011, 04:52 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

It's helpful, there are alternatives though.
Old 02-06-2011, 05:38 PM
boduke0220
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 04black2v
Yeah it's gonna be pretty wicked, I hope at least lol, but I've been contemplating custom cams for a couple days but I didn't wanna ask about it since I'm new to the forum and don't wanna blurt out a billion questions. But I'll probably try to make the fuel injection work cause I like carb setups don't get me wrong but I'm just burnt out on them. But is there any way to make the stock ecu work with that much rpm or is it a lost cause?

Yea deff do custom cams from Jim cushman or Nick Mckinny,it would be worth it for suree. i alsoheard the SN95 GT ECU's were pretty fast so one of thosemight work too. that, a F.A.S.T setup or carb is about the only option to run that high of rpms, i guess you couldtry it out and see where the stock computer starts to break up at first.
Old 02-06-2011, 05:56 PM
04black2v

Originally Posted by boduke0220
Yea deff do custom cams from Jim cushman or Nick Mckinny,it would be worth it for suree. i alsoheard the SN95 GT ECU's were pretty fast so one of thosemight work too. that, a F.A.S.T setup or carb is about the only option to run that high of rpms, i guess you couldtry it out and see where the stock computer starts to break up at first.
I did some research on the stock ecu and guys have gotten 7800 rpm but that's the max you can't go any further than that so I'll just see what happens I guess lol but right now my focus is waitin for my kellogg crank to come in since they are on uber back order lol
Old 02-15-2011, 11:09 PM
04black2v

Ok update on build I got my crank in and my rods but now I have a dilemma a buddy of mine just offered to trade me a fully machined, line bored, deck honed, magnafluxed 351 block that's bored 60 over and clearenced for a 4.100 inch stroke and a set of fresh out of the box afr 225s for my boss block, kellogg crank and Manley rods, should I accept or no?

Quick Reply: Trying to figure out best intake manifold choice for a na big bore stroker 2v setup