4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Help: Swarr Bar 8.8in Rear Support

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 02:21 PM
sonicx
speed'n

Originally Posted by Soldier GT
Well I was having alot of problems with wheel hop and under hard acceleration the car was all over the road. I first installed the LCA's and that helped a bit but with the Swarr Bar it has most def helped. Not saying that the Swarr bar was the answer but IMO it's most def worth the 180 bucks. I had the dealership install mines and it cost about 70 bucks. Even the mechanic that installed it said that he was impressed with the way it was made and that he was going to buy one for his 02 GT. Hope that helps...
It does, what how does your car ride now?. Now you had someone install it? Is this something that I could do myself in my garage w/ basic tools & jack?? Is welding required?
Old 02-14-2011, 02:47 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Originally Posted by sonicx
Is welding required?
I know they come as either bolt on or welded
Old 02-14-2011, 02:49 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

It does, what how does your car ride now?. Now you had someone install it? Is this something that I could do myself in my garage w/ basic tools & jack?? Is welding required?

It rides better man. Also I don't think the dealer had to weld anything and I can remember him telling me that it was a simple install. I could have probably did it my self but just didn't have time. If you have any kind of mechanical skills you shouldn't have a problem. I really don't think you can go wrong with it man.
Old 02-14-2011, 02:58 PM
sonicx
speed'n

It rides better man. Also I don't think the dealer had to weld anything and I can remember him telling me that it was a simple install. I could have probably did it my self but just didn't have time. If you have any kind of mechanical skills you shouldn't have a problem. I really don't think you can go wrong with it man.
Sweet thank you for your personal testimony. I'll be sure to be looking more into this coming up w/in the month or so. Esp hearing that it not only is benifical but also that I could do this myself.

Now last question.... what's the durability of it (if you know)? Because I drive my mustang during winter.
Old 02-14-2011, 03:01 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Well my man, couldn't tell you that? I really don't drive the car that much (especially in snow or ice) but like I said it feels real durable. Even the tech was impressed with the quality..
Old 02-14-2011, 03:04 PM
sonicx
speed'n

Well my man, couldn't tell you that? I really don't drive the car that much (especially in snow or ice) but like I said it feels real durable. Even the tech was impressed with the quality..
Ok, no problem. But in your opinion you've noticed better traction and low end torque?

Im just looking for the next step.... got the FLSFC's & LCA's covered.
Old 02-14-2011, 03:10 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Ok, no problem. But in your opinion you've noticed better traction and low end torque?

Im just looking for the next step.... got the FLSFC's & LCA's covered.
You can't go wrong man, especially since you have the LCA's and SFC's already. And yes I can tell better traction ( alot better). Like I said I was all over the road spinning like crazy. Now it has gotten tons better. Buy the damn thing sonicx, LOL!!!
Old 02-14-2011, 03:18 PM
sonicx
speed'n

Thumbs up CASE CLOSED

You can't go wrong man, especially since you have the LCA's and SFC's already. And yes I can tell better traction ( alot better). Like I said I was all over the road spinning like crazy. Now it has gotten tons better. Buy the damn thing sonicx, LOL!!!
Okay

yay... im more than convinced about this: will do once next paycheck arrives.

Thanks
Old 02-14-2011, 03:21 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

No problem my man...
Old 02-14-2011, 03:24 PM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

LOL! Looks like I may need a Swarrrrrr Baaaarrrrrr this year...

Quick Reply: Help: Swarr Bar 8.8in Rear Support