4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.
View Poll Results: Gears or Exhaust
SSS Adrenaline
5.13%
Borla Stingers
15.38%
Gears 4.10
56.41%
Gears 3.73
23.08%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Next Mod: Gears or Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 10:02 AM
Stealthrida

Default Next Mod: Gears or Exhaust

Hey guys i just got my taxes in so im looking to get something for the stang. I am debating on gears or Exhaust.

Exhaust my options are SSS adrenalines or Borla Stingers. I was favoring the SSS because of the price but i can not find them anywhere , so i am leaning towards Borlas since the price got lowered on Am. Any options?

the other Options are Gears.

The car is auto and found that most recomend 4.10 versus 3.73...i Drive highway about 63 miles 2 to 3 times a week.

Im just curious as to what you guys recommend as far as my next mod being.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:08 AM
sonicx
speed'n

What is you budget? (Or money isn't an issue and you're trying to decided on these two).

For exhaust (its all about the sound). Which sound do you prefer more (stingers or SSS)??? Have you listened to them yet (Youtube both.... there's enough clips of guys w/ both systems and their mustangs on there) The slight difference in cash shouldn't matter because if you don't like the sound it's going to bug you more than paying a bit more for the other catback.

You would be fine w/ 4.10's if you so choose. Just remember that you'll need to buy a speedo recalibrator to recalculate your speedo or otherwise buy some sort of a Tuner(better investment).
Old 02-15-2011, 10:08 AM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Well, gears are going to be your best bet. That along with a tune.

I have the SSS exhaust. Have you checked their wesite? They have a listing of all the vendors that carry it.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:17 AM
Stealthrida

Originally Posted by sonicx
What is you budget? (Or money isn't an issue and you're trying to decided on these two).

For exhaust (its all about the sound). Which sound do you prefer more (stingers or SSS)??? Have you listened to them yet (Youtube both.... there's enough clips of guys w/ both systems and their mustangs on there) The slight difference in cash shouldn't matter because if you don't like the sound it's going to bug you more than paying a bit more for the other catback.

You would be fine w/ 4.10's if you so choose. Just remember that you'll need to buy a speedo recalibrator to recalculate your speedo or otherwise buy some sort of a Tuner(better investment).
I prefer the Stingers but before they were out of my price range. The adrenalines are nice i wouldnt mind tho either . I checked alot of videos most of them were 3V mustangs tho. I was going to get a tuner with the gears but they would go out of my price range. Im just looking to spend about 600

Originally Posted by mrtstang
Well, gears are going to be your best bet. That along with a tune.

I have the SSS exhaust. Have you checked their wesite? They have a listing of all the vendors that carry it.
Yea, i figured they would i just wanted to get everybody else's opinions before i buy anything. I checked SSS website all their vendors are sold out with no ETA in site.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:26 AM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

auto? 4.30s 100%
Old 02-15-2011, 10:50 AM
school boy
5th Gear Member

i think gears will be your best bet. you will enjoy them a lot more. the differece in 373 and 410s are minimum on the rpm side. so its more on your feature plans wether going f/i or n/a. 410s can fall n both catagories but some ppl prefer 373s in f/i while most if not all n/a guys go with 410s, 430s and some guys dare go 456s. i vote 410s for ya!
Old 02-15-2011, 11:01 AM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Gears 1st always
4.10's for auto
Old 02-15-2011, 11:03 AM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

Also being in NJ, whitefox can definitely help you with putting the gears in...."Hes done soooo many rears". (no joke about that either)
Old 02-15-2011, 11:04 AM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Originally Posted by PurpleIcedGT
Also being in NJ, whitefox can definitely help you with putting the gears in...."Hes done soooo many rears". (no joke about that either)
See sig
Old 02-15-2011, 12:12 PM
Stealthrida

Thanks guys for all the feed back, and the info on whitefox....i dont like being a pain though.. does he have a shop or something?

Quick Reply: Next Mod: Gears or Exhaust