4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Why did I wait so long to do this??

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 08:49 PM
huey_33
2nd Gear Member

Default Why did I wait so long to do this??

Last week I remembered that I read a post last year about someone upgrading their dash and HVAC lights to LED's. The greenish color of my dash lights was getting a little annoying so I finally got around to ordering some LED's from superbrightleds.com and this is the outcome. Really pleased with how it looks. Pics are a little blurry cause my camera don't like taking pictures from up close.

Old 03-02-2011, 08:54 PM
idcoocheimonster
3rd Gear Member

Looks awesome! I was debating doing this, until now. Where did you get your led's and how much you pay? How Many did you need?
Old 03-02-2011, 09:09 PM
huey_33
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by idcoocheimonster
Looks awesome! I was debating doing this, until now. Where did you get your led's and how much you pay? How Many did you need?
Purchased them from superbrightleds.com and paid $53.55 for 9 of them. You will want the bulbs that have 360 degree coverage or you will have some major hotspots. Learned that the hard way when I ordered bulbs that weren't 360 degree. The ones you see in the pictures are the WLED-xHP5: Wedge Base Bulb. You will need 7 of them all together. 5 for the dash lights and 2 for the HVAC control. Make sure you get cool white. Here's the link.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-b...ini-wedge.html

Once on the link, go down to the third bulb selection that reads "WLED Miniature Wedge Base bulbs with High Power SMD LEDs - 360 type" and click on the tab that reads WLED-xHP5. Hope this helps.

EDIT: I also replaced the license plate lights with LED's so thats why I purchased 9 of them. Just get 7 if you want to stick with the Dash and HVAC lights. Also, there is another option if you don't feel like spending that much. On the link, go to the first bulb selection that reads "WLED Miniature Wedge Base bulbs" and click on the tab that reads "WLED-x5". You can get 9 of these for only $35.46. These are only 220 degree coverage. My buddy has these in his car. They're not as bright as the ones I got, but they still look pretty good.

Last edited by huey_33; 03-02-2011 at 09:32 PM.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:26 PM
JT76

That looks like it would be blinding at night?
Old 03-02-2011, 09:31 PM
tdcalhoun89
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JT76
They dim... looks like he has his up all the way. I have mine turned all the way down and they're juuuuust right.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:32 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

That's what I'm thinking. My eyes are relatively sensitive at night.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:35 PM
huey_33
2nd Gear Member

Not blinding at all. Camera just made it look that way.
Old 03-03-2011, 12:56 AM
Dave19525
2nd Gear Member

Looks cool. I was thinking about getting some other gauges lights with white back ground but heard I few complaints about them. Maybe this is the way to go.
Old 03-03-2011, 01:07 AM
idcoocheimonster
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by huey_33
Purchased them from superbrightleds.com and paid $53.55 for 9 of them. You will want the bulbs that have 360 degree coverage or you will have some major hotspots. Learned that the hard way when I ordered bulbs that weren't 360 degree. The ones you see in the pictures are the WLED-xHP5: Wedge Base Bulb. You will need 7 of them all together. 5 for the dash lights and 2 for the HVAC control. Make sure you get cool white. Here's the link.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-b...ini-wedge.html

Once on the link, go down to the third bulb selection that reads "WLED Miniature Wedge Base bulbs with High Power SMD LEDs - 360 type" and click on the tab that reads WLED-xHP5. Hope this helps.

EDIT: I also replaced the license plate lights with LED's so thats why I purchased 9 of them. Just get 7 if you want to stick with the Dash and HVAC lights. Also, there is another option if you don't feel like spending that much. On the link, go to the first bulb selection that reads "WLED Miniature Wedge Base bulbs" and click on the tab that reads "WLED-x5". You can get 9 of these for only $35.46. These are only 220 degree coverage. My buddy has these in his car. They're not as bright as the ones I got, but they still look pretty good.
Yeah I'm thinking of getting the x5's it looks great bro. Thanks for the push. I should have this done in a week or so.
Old 03-03-2011, 02:13 AM
Hangwire
4th Gear Member

Hmmm, I like these I think.

Quick Reply: Why did I wait so long to do this??