4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

No to the CENTRI!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 11:40 AM
school boy
5th Gear Member

ever thought about a turbo?
Old 03-19-2011, 04:22 PM
Moonshine
5th Gear Member

^ Yes.
Old 03-19-2011, 04:37 PM
Rockwell28
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by school boy
ever thought about a turbo?
No need to to hate on the whistle of the centri I happen to like the whistle of my centri some others like the sound of a centri set up also. Last I checked a turbo has the "annoying whistle" too. In fact I think the turbo has a louder whistle. But that turbo whistle does sound better. Some say a pd blower sounds like an RC car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UV8dN3wfgY4
Old 03-19-2011, 07:20 PM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

lol get over it, you're gonna spend tons more money because you don't like how it sounds?

Even with a c head swap you're still limited to the 420ish whp from the stock bottom end.

So spend $3k for a 420 whp centri car with a semi annoying but efficent whistle.

Or spend 8k to have the same exact power roots car.

Imo take the centri and buy a nasty sound system with the leftover money so you don't have to hear the blower?

if thats your thing, the mach system works for me.
Old 03-19-2011, 07:22 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Moonshine
@lilroush Is your eaton your doing, or it came that way?
One is mine, one is 'stock' and one is a mix of another design and my tweaks to it.

The V6 set up I designed from the ground up, and then started selling kits to use the M112.
The V8 is the Roush Performance / SVO M112 set up.
The truck is a mix of a working design using the M90 that I modified to keep it cheaper.

All three use a custom intake manifold to mate the blower to the car. On the V6s (car and truck) it's a boxed upper that has a top the shape of the M112's bottom, and bottom ports cut to match the stock lower intakes. The '98 has the runners cast right into the blower, and bolts to the heads that same as the factory plastic intake.

After some quick glances at the 32V with the intake off, it wouldn't take much to make something custom - more along the lines ofthe Tork Tech set up for the SOHC 4.6L.
Old 03-19-2011, 07:32 PM
Moonshine
5th Gear Member

For some reason I don't think it will be as expensive as people fear.

And the whistle at idle. Not the boosting hiss. Why is a ****ing eaton such a problem!!! I want one so bad!!

Howbout this. I slap an s trim on my car. Sell it for 15k. Then put that 15k toward a stock termi w/ 20k miles!
Old 03-19-2011, 07:41 PM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

For some reason I don't think it will be as expensive as people fear.

And the whistle at idle. Not the boosting hiss. Why is a ****ing eaton such a problem!!! I want one so bad!!

Howbout this. I slap an s trim on my car. Sell it for 15k. Then put that 15k toward a stock termi w/ 20k miles!
lol GLWS, superchargers 95% of the time do not add value to your car, if anything it makespeople scared you beat on it.

Also, 15k is riduclous, 12k is the most i'd even think about paying for a 96-98 cobra and it'd have to be under 20k original miles and mint.
Old 03-19-2011, 07:48 PM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

Also, i've bought C heads, (01 cobras) and an 01 intake (sold btw) and those alone set me back over a grand, thats without all the odds and ends, not to mention you'd need the 03/04 mach/cobra bottom intake which is more expensive than the 01, + the eaton itself + everything doug listed in the gen disccusion thread plus everything you'd need to supercharge a car in the first place.... all to get the same 420whp.

If you wan't 03/04 cobra/mach heads that'll set you back even further......

all the little **** adds up... quickly, i've looked into many different builds for my car, done very in depth research with parts pricing and results..... if there is nothing wrong with your car centi and done.
Old 03-19-2011, 07:57 PM
Moonshine
5th Gear Member

Jesus Christ, i t was just an example of a price.

Is everyone on the forum on the rag today?
Old 03-19-2011, 08:05 PM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

Jesus Christ, i t was just an example of a price.

Is everyone on the forum on the rag today?
the common sense rag?

yes. always.

Quick Reply: No to the CENTRI!!