4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

WOT KB Pull(video inside, crap quality)

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 11:56 AM
Hangwire
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Gt04
my 2.1 goes in within the next 2 weeks
Many funz to be had.
Old 03-20-2011, 12:12 PM
Ryan86272
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Hangwire
Spinning what? Was in vacuum @ 2K when I punched it. No boost at all. Was just slowly cruising in 3rd gear on an exit entering the highway.

I have no timeslips and this car has never once seen the track. I just havent committed the money into the mods that make visiting the track worthwhile. I would say Id probly run low to mid 12s on my first day at the track the way it is. With DRs/slicks and a stall converter I could run low 11s. With 3.73s and suspension work possibly high 10s. Forge the rotating assembly, up the boost and easily 10s. But thats all in vein.
I love when people say what they would do at the track when they have never been...

Sounds like the 700 Whp vette friend raced in his pullied 03 cobra. His vette should've trapped 140 mph and ran 9's except was spanked by the cobra....
Old 03-20-2011, 12:20 PM
Hangwire
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Ryan86272
I love when people say what they would do at the track when they have never been...

Sounds like the 700 Whp vette friend raced in his pullied 03 cobra. His vette should've trapped 140 mph and ran 9's except was spanked by the cobra....
Spinning what? Was in vacuum @ 2K when I punched it. No boost at all. Was just slowly cruising in 3rd gear on an exit entering the highway.

I have no timeslips and this car has never once seen the track. I just havent committed the money into the mods that make visiting the track worthwhile. I would say Id probly run low to mid 12s on my first day at the track the way it is. With DRs/slicks and a stall converter I could run low 11s. With 3.73s and suspension work possibly high 10s. Forge the rotating assembly, up the boost and easily 10s. But thats all in vein.
Read entire post plz?
Old 03-20-2011, 12:46 PM
Gt04
4th Gear Member

Many funz to be had.
With the numbers you're making are you running i/c or non i/c? ima shoot you a pm in a few, got a couple q's about your setup.
Old 03-20-2011, 12:56 PM
Hangwire
4th Gear Member

Oh i'm intercooled for sure. Its a 9 PSI pulley but has been running 10-10.5 in the cold winter air. It was hitting 10 back in October 2010 when I got it tuned. They tend to underrate the pullies, its better than overrating them in terms of public opinion. The smallest pulley in this setup is well known to make 16 PSI on a consistent basis.
Old 03-20-2011, 04:25 PM
KillJoy
3rd Gear Member

What gears are in the car? Looks like 3.55 or 3.73?
Old 03-20-2011, 04:48 PM
Kerns
4th Gear Member

No offense, because I really love your car and you have worked hard to get it to where it is, but it wont see 10s with suspension work and gears. You will barely seen high 11's with gears, full suspension, stall, and slicks. But you can probably run mid to high 12's as it sits. Main limiter being your traction. My guess is that it would trap around 113-114mph.
Old 03-20-2011, 05:23 PM
Hangwire
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by KillJoy
What gears are in the car? Looks like 3.55 or 3.73?

Originally Posted by Kerns
No offense, because I really love your car and you have worked hard to get it to where it is, but it wont see 10s with suspension work and gears. You will barely seen high 11's with gears, full suspension, stall, and slicks. But you can probably run mid to high 12's as it sits. Main limiter being your traction. My guess is that it would trap around 113-114mph.
Ok relax relax people lol theres a reason I used terms like "could" and "possibly" and "all in vein." Not trying to take any unearned credit with that post but none of the numbers I stated are far-fetched at all. They do assume a "good" driver. However with proper mods launching an auto is not the challenge that a manual is. High 10s are not out of the question with a forged rotating assembly and a setup that's sticking good.
Old 03-20-2011, 06:53 PM
Kerns
4th Gear Member

Ok relax relax people lol theres a reason I used terms like "could" and "possibly" and "all in vein." Not trying to take any unearned credit with that post but none of the numbers I stated are far-fetched at all. They do assume a "good" driver. However with proper mods launching an auto is not the challenge that a manual is. High 10s are not out of the question with a forged rotating assembly and a setup that's sticking good.

No no, I'm not mad because of you claiming what you think is possible for your car to run. I was just saying that with all of the mods you listed you still aren't going to get into the 10's. In order to hit 10's even with a 1.5-1.6 60ft you are still going to need to trap in the low 120's range... Which isn't going to happen, period. You could very likely hit high 11's, but 10's just aren't going to happen. That is all I was saying.

Last edited by Kerns; 03-20-2011 at 07:47 PM.
Old 03-20-2011, 07:35 PM
Mustang_NTriangle
5th Gear Member

nice car love KB. I always thought a KB and blower cams would make for a great setup. Your car is mid-high 12s with street tires on a track as traction would be a huge problem for any supercharged with street tires. Basement 12s with DRs is my guess either way it is fast.

Quick Reply: WOT KB Pull(video inside, crap quality)