4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Leather DOOR PANELS now available for 94-04 Mustangs!

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 07:29 AM
RedlineGoods.com
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by sinister99GT
if i were you i would edit the post to let people know that and put pics of a professionaly installed skin.
As soon as I have one, I most certainly will. Would you be interested in a 50% reimbursement of the price of these in exchange for pictures of your install?

Have a great day,
Maciek
Old 04-13-2011, 09:38 AM
cisurfer
5th Gear Member

i think you guys should make the stitching outline the indented part in the door rather than above it I think that would look really good and I may consider buying a pair if it was like that
Old 04-13-2011, 01:53 PM
RedlineGoods.com
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by cisurfer
i think you guys should make the stitching outline the indented part in the door rather than above it I think that would look really good and I may consider buying a pair if it was like that
Hi,

we can place the stitching wherever you'd like for you if you order the product.

Have a great day,
Maciek
Old 04-13-2011, 04:28 PM
sinister99GT
2nd Gear Member

no , thank you though. i would fit them a bit differently. i dont care for the french stitch by the door pull area. i am going to two tone mine like my seats when i do them. when i do i will post a picture on here for you, if you would like a copy of the pattern i will send you one. i need a shift boot for my wifes RX8, i like the boots you make with the carbon fiber vinyl stripes . they look sporty and the craftsmanship looks good. in the photos the top stitching is nice and straight, i can appreciate that attention to detail.
Old 04-13-2011, 06:16 PM
SyNdicateZ
3rd Gear Member

how do you install the leather shifter boot? my old boot was stapled and glued to a metel ring and then the ring was sorta tapped into the bezel. the only way I see me installing this new boot is if I remove the metal ring from the plastic bezel and just glueing the boot to the bezel. Am i correct? What type of adhesive do I use that will be FAST bonding and STRONG?

I have a 02 GT 5 speed manual. And your instructions about just using the bolts are wrong. i see no bolts at all...
Old 04-13-2011, 11:38 PM
RedlineGoods.com
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by SyNdicateZ
Am i correct? What type of adhesive do I use that will be FAST bonding and STRONG?
Hi,

you are correct, that is the best way. Any epoxy-based glue will work, people use contact cement and automotive goop and many others really...

Have a great day,
Maciek
Old 04-14-2011, 03:53 AM
onesweet02
1st Gear Member

So true!!
Old 04-14-2011, 07:43 PM
SyNdicateZ
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by RedlineGoods.com
Hi,

you are correct, that is the best way. Any epoxy-based glue will work, people use contact cement and automotive goop and many others really...

Have a great day,
Maciek
Thanks I installed everything today. I actually used 3M Double sided Molding Tape. Its a very strong adhesive usually used for putting on body molding like badges and stuff. Worked perfrectly and my boot looks GReAt on

The tape is also LESS messy..
Old 07-23-2011, 10:58 AM
imaddictedtosob1

Cool I will

Originally Posted by RedlineGoods.com
As soon as I have one, I most certainly will. Would you be interested in a 50% reimbursement of the price of these in exchange for pictures of your install?

Have a great day,
Maciek

I would be intrested in a reimbursement/exchange. I have an 04 saleen and would gladly trade pics for 50% off , the interior is painted black so i would get the black leather with red stitch. I would also do the same for the e brake boot if you'd like
Old 07-23-2011, 04:38 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by imaddictedtosob1
I would be intrested in a reimbursement/exchange. I have an 04 saleen and would gladly trade pics for 50% off , the interior is painted black so i would get the black leather with red stitch. I would also do the same for the e brake boot if you'd like
But you aren't the pro so I wouldn't imagine the deal pertains to you.

I wouldn't mind seeing this for the entire door panel.