4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Please help, what do ya'll think bout this car?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 09:55 AM
Blood
2nd Gear Member

I really seem to be back and forth with this. Its also either this or maybe get cash and buy a GT with about 50-60k miles on it. For about 10k. And I will spend money getting it how I like you know? This just makes me nervous.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:58 AM
jvog
5th Gear Member

Not gonna bother reading all the pages. It sounds like its 500 rwhp on a stock shortblock. PASS ON IT
Old 03-23-2011, 09:59 AM
Blood
2nd Gear Member

Alright lol, so what should it be? What kinda block?
Old 03-23-2011, 10:09 AM
Blood
2nd Gear Member

How do I find out for sure its on the stock short block? One thing I do remember was seeing the same stock valve covers on the car. IT said 32valve blah blah just looked like the stock ones.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:10 AM
Kerns
4th Gear Member

When people say bottom end they are not referring to the rear of the car, they are referring to the bottom half of the engine aka rods/pistons/crank. The car if it is a manual has a forged crank (good thing) but has hypereutectic pistons and cast rods (bad thing). The rods and pistons can't stand much abuse, usually they can handle 480-500rwhp before they will eventually come apart.

If the bottom end is stock then you are buying a car that has some performance parts but you never know when you are going to have to buy a new engine and the car is not worth more then 16k tops. If its fully forged bottom end then you have a car that will make up to 800RWHP all day long and not have any worries about doing so.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:12 AM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

Bottom end = shortblock....rods, pistons, crank, etc.
Longblock = top end (H/C/I/), and shortblock

It seems that he put meth on it to try and keep it safe for the stock shortblock. It's a ticking time bomb. If its such a great car and has so much $$ into it, why is he willing to get rid of it????
Old 03-23-2011, 10:19 AM
Blood
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by PurpleIcedGT

It seems that he put meth on it to try and keep it safe for the stock shortblock. It's a ticking time bomb. If its such a great car and has so much $$ into it, why is he willing to get rid of it????
Well hes selling it for 19,500$ so I dont know how willing he is but, he has 4 vehicles and he needs a diesel for work. My truck is Dodge ram 2500, and has 155k miles on it, and needs a little front end work. But its worth 21k in "Excellent condition" but its "Good condition" it has a lift and all kinda crap.

He said its never over heated cause he drove it to austin last weekend and has sat in traffic for 3 hrs at a time, cause its Houston lol...

And he says the meth injection was to cool off the supercharger or what not. Could be a lie idk! but you guys are why I asked you. Im glad I had someone say something cause I prob woulda done it today.

Im gonna try to get the builders number and ask him questions but idk if he has it.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:20 AM
Rockwell28
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by PurpleIcedGT

BINGO! he could just be getting rid of a future problem for himself. If he can show paperwork on having a built block then jump on it.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:23 AM
Rockwell28
4th Gear Member

[.

Im gonna try to get the builders number and ask him questions but idk if he has it.[/QUOTE]

There is no reason he shouldnt have the builders number bc if anything happens or he wanted to upgrade you usually go back to the original builder to do that. He should still have the number he may have gotten it done at Houston Performance he should be able to tell you where he got it done.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:25 AM
Blood
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rockwell28
[/COLOR]

BINGO! he could just be getting rid of a future problem for himself. If he can show paperwork on having a built block then jump on it.
Ya sounds good. Wish I could give you all like 20$ for helping me. LOL. No I DONT HAVE PAYPAL! Lol!

Ill ask him for papers etc. But otherwise guess I will try to stick to cash and get a regular GT and just do a normal headers exhaust and tune to it. Maybe a cam.

Quick Reply: Please help, what do ya'll think bout this car?