4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

I have taken over my brothers account!!!!

Old 03-25-2011, 10:46 PM
idcoocheimonster
3rd Gear Member

Default I have taken over my brothers account!!!!

To whom it may concern:

A response would be greatly appreciated even if it's just to say that you can't be of help. I have decided to write to a number of companies and I'm not sure how this is going to turn out.

My brother's story is a rough one. In August of 2009 he found out that his wife had been cheating on him. He decided to leave her, and everything in Texas, and he moved with my to Miami, FL. After living here for 2 months he started working as an Assistant to myself, and it is how he met Maritza.

Maritza is a 41 year old woman who has been suffering from Lupus since 1999. She developed End Stage Renal Disease, and needed a kidney donation. We're not sure why, but this 22 year old (at the time) kid, who had no reason to be in Miami, stepped up and decided to get checked to be a living donor. Within 2 weeks he got his initial blood tests, and was a positive match. Four months of testing, and anticipation came to a surprising discovery. This guy, who had never met this woman, was a better match both physically and genetically that her own brother. It's funny how the world works. To fast forward a bit, on March 25th of 2010 my little brother gave his kidney to save a woman's life.

Her family was so overwhelmed with gratitude, that they decided to give him a car. A 1996 Mustang GT Convertible, not just any car, but his dream car. Unfortunately, the car has brought him nothing but problems since day one. It began with a bad alignment, and is at the point of bad piston rings, transmission, rear end, suspension, etc. The kid is a car fanatic, who has immense plans for this machine. He has a grocery list of parts, but no funds to get it.

I'm not necessarily looking for a handy me out but the car has gotten to the point where he needs to either replace it, or park it and ride a bus. I hate to see him stressed out, especially around his anniversary. What I am looking to do is get the car done for him a'la Overhaulin'. The media exposure would be so exorbitant for your company, I'll make sure of it. I would've written to those shows, but unfortunately they have been canceled. So I will take it upon myself to make sure every forum, media outlet, and news station hears the story of the shops that made a hero's dream come true.

Please, if you can't help try to point me in the direction of someone who can. I've also posted this on a couple of forums, reddit.com, and written to the admins of some of the larger Mustang oriented forums.

Proof can be emailed, for serious inquiries.

Emails to lovematthew18@yahoo.com would be preferred so that he doesn't find this but he is gone for the weekend, and I changed his password.

Thank you,

Michelle M. Corrons
Old 03-26-2011, 03:17 AM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

Its cool you want to do something to help someone who's helped someone else, while i personally can't help i hope you find someone who can, the world would be a better place if everyone was as seflless as your brother.
Old 03-26-2011, 08:30 AM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

^+1...best of luck! He deserves it....
Old 03-26-2011, 08:55 AM
mustangmancp
5th Gear Member

Wow! Very cool! I hope you find something! I know powerblock is doing something like this very soon! Write them and they can maybe help you!

Good Luck!
Old 03-26-2011, 08:59 AM
boduke0220
6th Gear Member

I guess we could help as in telling you what to buy etc?
Old 03-26-2011, 10:15 AM
idcoocheimonster
3rd Gear Member

Yeah I'm not looking for a monetary donations. Just a point in the right direction so I can get this done for him. If I had the funds, I would've done it for him a long time ago.
Old 03-26-2011, 11:21 AM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

I definitely admire what you are doing for your brother. While i'm not sure i can help, i do wish the very best for you and your brother.

Just out of curiosity, did the former owners of the car not realize it needed so much work? I mean if they didn't know this for whatever reason i understand, but if they did have a clue, and gave it away as such, it would seem very odd.

Last edited by mrtstang; 03-26-2011 at 04:29 PM.
Old 03-26-2011, 11:53 AM
DRAGUL
5th Gear Member

Best of luck with the car
Old 03-26-2011, 03:17 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

heartfelt.
Old 03-26-2011, 03:38 PM
TRUEBLUE3934
4th Gear Member

It is always amazing to hear of people giving something as valuable as a kidney to someone they have never met. If there is KARMA, this dream will be realized!

Good luck and keep us posted on how this all works out!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I have taken over my brothers account!!!!