4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

New toy arrived :)

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 03:12 PM
Gt04
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mrtstang
I'm not a real big fan of that sound j/k

You're right about the whole clip not doing it justice though. This exhaust sounds so much more aggressive in the flesh.

That reminds me, i've been wanting to throw up some clips on here.
i want to hear yours with those cams so bad!!!!! stage 2 or 2.5 blower cams are next for me
Old 04-02-2011, 07:30 AM
flyin_hawaiin
1st Gear Member

cant wait to see it!
Old 04-02-2011, 07:45 AM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Gt04
i want to hear yours with those cams so bad!!!!! stage 2 or 2.5 blower cams are next for me
Oh yeah, some blower cams would be the icing on the cake lol! The lope from the cams and the whine of a twin screw...okay now you made me even more jealous lol.

It's funny with my exhaust setup, since i have a catted h with the termis, i don't get that crisp choppy sound (like you might get with a o/r h and a chambered style muffler) but rather a deep bassy lope if that makes sense.

I'm hoping to get some vids up in the next few weeks, so keep your eyes open.
Old 04-02-2011, 01:22 PM
Gt04
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mrtstang
Oh yeah, some blower cams would be the icing on the cake lol! The lope from the cams and the whine of a twin screw...okay now you made me even more jealous lol.

It's funny with my exhaust setup, since i have a catted h with the termis, i don't get that crisp choppy sound (like you might get with a o/r h and a chambered style muffler) but rather a deep bassy lope if that makes sense.

I'm hoping to get some vids up in the next few weeks, so keep your eyes open.
Ill surely be looking out for them. I'm currently debating which cams i want to go with. Whenever i get access to a phone ima shoot nick a call.
Old 04-02-2011, 01:39 PM
Hangwire
4th Gear Member

Hahhahahahahahah the thunderhorse 2.1L! Its really funny but I was gonna PM you to let you know you cant use the KB tune with LTs and for a reason I was gonna link you the thunderhorse blowup. That blower has just been fully rebuilt by KB on their dime(wont see any other SC comp doing that). Its badass to see this blower going back into action. Tell thunderhorse to stop by more often.

Really crazy that I also bought my KB 2.1L from an ex-member here(Tim99GT) cept mine had about 2,000 miles on it. I have every single part pictured here my car and its a blast! Be prepared to want forged internals really really bad after the initial fun. And i'm sorry to tell you that at 8-10PSI you wont be able to hear the blower over your exhaust very well at all. I just put an O/R H on my setup and I can pretty much no longer hear my KB and i'm considering taking it off because of that. The exhaust sounds sick and is loud as **** but I really really loved hearing the blower. Dunno what to do.

HAVE FUN, take your time with install if you're doing it and feel free to ask me questions! Bout time we got more KB GTs on here all these giggle juice and centri guys make me feel like my car is in a dark garage all alone haha.
Old 04-02-2011, 01:49 PM
Gt04
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Hangwire
Hahhahahahahahah the thunderhorse 2.1L! Its really funny but I was gonna PM you to let you know you cant use the KB tune with LTs and for a reason I was gonna link you the thunderhorse blowup. That blower has just been fully rebuilt by KB on their dime(wont see any other SC comp doing that). Its badass to see this blower going back into action. Tell thunderhorse to stop by more often.

Really crazy that I also bought my KB 2.1L from an ex-member here(Tim99GT) cept mine had about 2,000 miles on it. I have every single part pictured here my car and its a blast! Be prepared to want forged internals really really bad after the initial fun. And i'm sorry to tell you that at 8-10PSI you wont be able to hear the blower over your exhaust very well at all. I just put an O/R H on my setup and I can pretty much no longer hear my KB and i'm considering taking it off because of that. The exhaust sounds sick and is loud as **** but I really really loved hearing the blower. Dunno what to do.

HAVE FUN, take your time with install if you're doing it and feel free to ask me questions! Bout time we got more KB GTs on here all these giggle juice and centri guys make me feel like my car is in a dark garage all alone haha.
I plan on having it professionally installed this time around since im deployed. I go home in 3 weeks for 15 days so i wanna be able to run the car and not worry about doing the work myself this time. I'm also considering running meth with it as well for the summer time, but still undecided on that one for the moment. I ran the giggle juice and my procharger and said "f" em and sold them for the kb haha. I'll shoot you a pm if i have any questions, i believe i did last week already lol
Old 04-02-2011, 02:04 PM
Hangwire
4th Gear Member

My car is also DSG too haha. I have the 99/01 Cobra rims though. Yeah its gonna be awesome to just turn the key and go too. My install would have been a lot easier had I bought mine new. But I did save $1000 on the total cost of the kit and probably close to $1000 in install fees. What are you getting charged? You're going to love it and I bet your stock bottom end never goes out if you keep it below 10 PSI because you're using an awesome tuner.

I have leaned my car out three times now at 100+MPH WOT because of low fuel pressure due to hitting boost with only 2 gallons of gas in the tank. I highly suggest never ever hitting boost with less than a 1/4th tank of gas. KB says so and I can tell you from experience your fuel pressure will drop, thats very dangerous for the engine. With the BAP on your fuel pump will be getting cranked up to 17 volts under boost, it needs plenty of fuel to keep the pressure up.

As far as the methanol goes I too have been extremely interested in doing this on a PD setup(whether it be this one or another one down the road). You will have to have the blower and intercooler removed and have it tapped at the bottom of the intercooler. This is the only proper way to do it. Spraying nitrous or methanol pre-rotor on PD blowers is useless. It gets burned up from the heat in the case and provides little.

Last edited by Hangwire; 04-02-2011 at 02:07 PM.
Old 04-02-2011, 02:15 PM
Gt04
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Hangwire
My car is also DSG too haha. I have the 99/01 Cobra rims though. Yeah its gonna be awesome to just turn the key and go too. My install would have been a lot easier had I bought mine new. But I did save $1000 on the total cost of the kit and probably close to $1000 in install fees. What are you getting charged? You're going to love it and I bet your stock bottom end never goes out if you keep it below 10 PSI because you're using an awesome tuner.

I have leaned my car out three times now at 100+MPH WOT because of low fuel pressure due to hitting boost with only 2 gallons of gas in the tank. I highly suggest never ever hitting boost with less than a 1/4th tank of gas. KB says so and I can tell you from experience your fuel pressure will drop, thats very dangerous for the engine. With the BAP on your fuel pump will be getting cranked up to 17 volts under boost, it needs plenty of fuel to keep the pressure up.

As far as the methanol goes I too have been extremely interested in doing this on a PD setup(whether it be this one or another one down the road). You will have to have the blower and intercooler removed and have it tapped at the bottom of the intercooler. This is the only proper way to do it. Spraying nitrous or methanol pre-rotor on PD blowers is useless. It gets burned up from the heat in the case and provides little.
Haha, i love dsg, i have 2 04 dsg verts lol. This ones got the 03 cobra afs reps, 18x9 and 18x10.5 and the other has anthricite dished bullits. That is also what i had been reading from what I've researched so far on the meth. I have to get a new quote from him for the install since the last one i had was for the procharger haha. I'll have a 03/04 cobra tank with the dual fuel hats soon enough so i really shouldn't have to worry then, but for now im running a svt focus pump with the bap.
Old 04-02-2011, 07:46 PM
02GTman
3rd Gear Member

Lucky, lucky, lucky! Can't wait to see a vid.