4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

My new DD and maybe (probably) project!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 10:44 PM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

you're doing it wrong!

leave daily drivers stock.

modify the project car on the side.

If you make that thing look badass with big tires its gonna kill your mpg... my brothers owned 2 cherokees, granted they were both older (00' and 99) Once he threw a 3 inch lift and 31s on the 00 he was getting about 14mpg, the 99 had a 6 inch lift long arm kit and 33s got ~12mpg lol.
Old 04-03-2011, 08:24 AM
Kmelfi11
4th Gear Member

Im with SVT. Leave it stock.
Old 04-03-2011, 08:38 AM
JRad405
3rd Gear Member

I +1 ^
Old 04-03-2011, 09:12 AM
bopiela
4th Gear Member

I won't do much to it, if anything. Just small things I'm sure. I don't plan on lifting it or anything like that! Hahah.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:28 AM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

What do you do for a living? (if you don't mind me asking) lol
Old 04-03-2011, 10:40 AM
Rockwell28
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bopiela
I won't do much to it, if anything. Just small things I'm sure. I don't plan on lifting it or anything like that! Hahah.
It does come in handy to have an extra vehicle esp an suv to park the stang for a bit esp if you have kids. My car averages like 30+miles a week The suv stayson the road even though it gets worse gas mileage than the car.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:52 AM
99GTvert
is my username.

Looks very clean. Does it feel quick?
Old 04-03-2011, 10:55 AM
bopiela
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by PurpleIcedGT
What do you do for a living? (if you don't mind me asking) lol
I'm a manager for a landscaping company. I also just started my own biz on the side, which is slow right now, but I expected that for the beginning. I have very few bills right now, the mustang is paid off and pretty much done (except for tint I think). Plus V8s aren't selling in the area, so a lot of good deals can be found on them. (That answer your subtle question of "
Where the f*** do you get the money to do all this? hahah!). It helps that I'm out of school and didn't graduate with any debt.

Originally Posted by Rockwell28
It does come in handy to have an extra vehicle esp an suv to park the stang for a bit esp if you have kids. My car averages like 30+miles a week The suv stayson the road even though it gets worse gas mileage than the car.
I've never bought a car for gas mileage, haha. But I know what you're saying. I don't have kids, either, so it's just something that can handle more than the mustang.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:56 AM
bopiela
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 99GTvert
Looks very clean. Does it feel quick?
Yes. It moves. It also has the MDS set-up, so if I'm not beating on it, it's basically a 4 cylinder. The only thing is that the body roll is unbelievable compared to mustang (obviously, haha) so I might look into some suspension stuff...
Old 04-03-2011, 11:04 AM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bopiela
I'm a manager for a landscaping company. I also just started my own biz on the side, which is slow right now, but I expected that for the beginning. I have very few bills right now, the mustang is paid off and pretty much done (except for tint I think). Plus V8s aren't selling in the area, so a lot of good deals can be found on them. (That answer your subtle question of "
Where the f*** do you get the money to do all this? hahah!)
. It helps that I'm out of school and didn't graduate with any debt.

You know me quite well...lol. That was the most polite way that I could say that! Nice Jeep bro, now do yourself a favor and stick to gas/oil/brakes on the jeep and finish working on that supercharger on the Stang!!!!

Quick Reply: My new DD and maybe (probably) project!