4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

new stuff and new pics.

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 08:15 PM
96meangreengt
2nd Gear Member

Default new stuff and new pics.

I finally got all my suspension bolted in and got my tires mounted on this week so I thought I would share a few pics.

suspension wise
MM caster/camber plates
blistein struts/shocks
MM coil over kit/front
MM non-offset front control arms
new urethane sway bar endlinks
AGR quick ratio rack and pinion
urethane steering rack bushings
new outer tie-rod ends
MM subframe connectors
MM heavy duty lower control arms
MM torque-arm springs
MM pan-hard bar(not installed yet)
new spring isolaters
new pinion snubber

wheels tires
used set of oem cobra wheels 17x8
brand new nitto nt555 255/50/17

exteroir mods
replaced the cheasy fuel door with one I got offf ebay that I stripped and repainted my self with some color match
removed the 2% limo tint( wouldn't pass inspection) plus it was just to dark.
removed the spoiler
added flowmaster stanless steel tailpipes(car had turn downs when I bought it)

I have to say that this car handles awesome but a touch to firm for me at times. my rear view mirror vibrates off the mount and falls to the floor at least once a day.

I took the my car to a local autocross last weekend for the first time ever with everything installed except the new wheels and tires. I had a set of stock pony wheels with bald tires on and no alignment. It was a short course and the fastest car there was a s2000 that was completly tricked out that ran a 24 flat, a 2006 zo6 that ran a 26.5 and a new challeger sms that ran a 28.

I ended up with a 27.5 which was pretty good considering my power output plus the first autocross I went to and the bald tires. The rest of the stock gts where running around the 29 mark.

pics.
here ar some before and after pics of when I got the car 1 year ago till now

last year

same angle today

it looks like its sitting higher in the back in that pic but the drive way is very unlevel it does sit just right on level ground

last year

today

will try to get better pics when there is a little better weather

Last edited by 96meangreengt; 04-03-2011 at 08:28 PM.
Old 04-03-2011, 08:29 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

nice...
Old 04-03-2011, 08:41 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

You put some tall a$$ tires on that car. lol Stock is 245/45-17 and you put a wider tire with a larger aspect ratio on there. I bet that if you would have went with something like a 245/45-17 NT05 you would have been able to run even faster! Nice setup though. Why did you get all that and not end up with a torque arm in the rear?
Old 04-03-2011, 08:56 PM
96meangreengt
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by teej281
You put some tall a$$ tires on that car. lol Stock is 245/45-17 and you put a wider tire with a larger aspect ratio on there. I bet that if you would have went with something like a 245/45-17 NT05 you would have been able to run even faster! Nice setup though. Why did you get all that and not end up with a torque arm in the rear?
Torque arm will go on when they have there deal of the day again( I kinda ran out of money on this little project lol) I went with those tires to close some of the fender gap up becuase the torque arm springs didn't quite lower the car like I thought they would plus the fatter tires look better and ride better in my opinion.
Old 04-03-2011, 09:44 PM
Harryman2002
3rd Gear Member

Nice! Thats a pretty sweet looking mod list you've got there. I bet you could have been way faster if you had some better tires on.
Old 04-03-2011, 09:58 PM
96meangreengt
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Harryman2002
Nice! Thats a pretty sweet looking mod list you've got there. I bet you could have been way faster if you had some better tires on.
thats man, yeah when I first bought the car all I wanted to do is lower it.
Id planed on spending a few hundred and be done with it but it was one of those things where you say( for a little more you could do this and a little more and you could buy this instead of this) and so on untill you have more money in suspension than you have in the price of the car lol.

on top of the bald tires I had on it I had the stock steering rack with worn out outer and inner tie-rod ends. On the way home from the auto-x I noticed a lot of play in the steering. got home jacked the car up and both outer tire rod ends had way to much play in them so I replaced them. after that there was still a lot of side to side motion in the wheel so I figured out both inner tie-rod ends where bad so I said what heck and upgraded to the AGR quick ratio steering rack with the inner tie-rod ends already installed. needless to say the car drives better than it probably did when it was brand new.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:02 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Nice I like the big sidewall tire, I was always a fan of big tire over big wheel.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:13 AM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

Big sidewall=less than ideal handling. If you're trying to handle well, you don't want a tall sidewall, as there is a lot more flex in the sidewall. Also, MM will also not be doing deal of the day any longer. They announced that a couple months ago. So you'll have to pay full price or buy used. I know a dealer for MM on svtp that I might be able to hook you up with though.