4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

why is it when i just cruise people then want to race?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 02:18 PM
turbo232
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by school boy
you're right there but i dont consider it to be near as bad as all these plastic water bottles that hit the landfill each year. im not a enviromentalist, but the bottle thing is rediculous and has got out of hand. diesels are straight up about showing you what they're putting out of the exhaust, gas trys to hide it, lol....jk
yeah. raw unburned fuel that is about 5 times worse than gas emissions. properly tuned diesels burn fairly clean.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:15 PM
school boy
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by turbo232
yeah. raw unburned fuel that is about 5 times worse than gas emissions. properly tuned diesels burn fairly clean.
im not in total agreement with that. yea, there are companies like banks that are making strides to accomplish smokeless diesel with big power. but at the end of the day, over 90% of diesels in competition, making big power, are blowing smoke.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:45 PM
turbo232
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by school boy
im not in total agreement with that. yea, there are companies like banks that are making strides to accomplish smokeless diesel with big power. but at the end of the day, over 90% of diesels in competition, making big power, are blowing smoke.
i use to do engine work for Cat. we never had our **** smoking. once you start smoking you start losing power.....or your turbo failed.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:26 PM
New2V8

That is similar to what I want. I want the power under the hood JUST SO I KNOW ITS THERE.

Last edited by New2V8; 04-12-2011 at 05:32 PM.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:12 PM
school boy
5th Gear Member

alright man. tell that to these 1000+ hp trucks pumping out smoke /
Old 04-13-2011, 12:45 AM
rsh0763
1st Gear Member

I had this happen to me last night, with a Toyota tundra. I guess he thought because he had a catback exhaust that he would would have no problem with the GT.

I don't really do street racing, but this guy and his friend were talking a little too much.

I couldn't help myself, so I let him him have it. By the the time my minimally modded GT had chirped 2nd gear, the truck was gone.

You would think that anyone serious about racing would know the difference between s cheesy cat-back and a wide open o/r racing pipe with good mufflers. All I have is a steeda Cai, summit org pipe and FM 40's and it wasn't even close. I told him at the next light that if Jr wants to race my 2005 Cummins turbo diesel that I would give him another chance. Of course that one has a banks 6 gun with the new interface and might even give the GT a run for it's money. But what is it about these guys in the half-ton tundras thinking they own race cars? It seems pretty stupid, honestly, I have access to a chassis dump (wish I would have had a baseline) but on Sunday the 27th, I had a 272hp reading at the wheels, I don't know if that sounds right it not, but even if it is close, for a 3000 pound car that seems like plenty.

Did have one wrx that dropped the hammer while we were moving around 40 and at least he kept up for a few seconds, but lost him hard on the 11% grade no problem. I can't wait to see what happens when I add the supercharger. I hate street racing, it is stupid, but the temptation of ripping their ego out is just to appealing.

Does 272, with 3,27 gears, a summit hooptie and steeds Cai sound about right? I wish I would have made a stock run just to have a baseline.

So far, I have been challenged by 4 Toyota tundras and the wrx. What is it with these Toyota fan bois and their sumptuous half ton trucks anyways?

half tons anyways?

You would think these guys would be able to tell the difference
Old 04-13-2011, 07:19 AM
turbo232
4th Gear Member

well, it probably doesn't help that Toyota claims they use racing technology in all their engines. therefore, they must be fast.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:04 AM
Stealthrida

luckly i rarely ever get that, if anything usually it happens when im driving on the highway the roll up next to me look over then speed off. Even when i had my Eclipse GSX it rarely happened.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:44 AM
Hangwire
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by turbo232
08 Cobra? you mean Shelby
Theyre Ford engineered Cobras. Shelby essentially pays to have his name put on the car. Shelby Supercars Inc has very little to do with the design or manufacturing of the GT500(Cobra). Its a Cobra, not a Shelby.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:49 AM
99GTvert
is my username.

The newer gt500's do have the snake on them...but they also have the 'Shelby' name on them too. Therefore, the proper name is:

Ford Mustang SVT Shelby GT500 Cobra

Quick Reply: why is it when i just cruise people then want to race?