4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

What do i need with NO2 kit???

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 02:19 PM
03SonicBlue_GT
2nd Gear Member

Default What do i need with NO2 kit???

just bought the race efi n2o kit with 2 10lbs bottles, bottle heater, purge valve, cup holder switch, tps switch, jets for 100-250hp. i am going to run the 100 or 125. but am i going to need svt pump, 42 injectors, intake, throttle body???and do i need the window switch also?

i do plan on getting the edelbrock intake with the edelbroke fuel rails and accufab 75mm body and plenum.

just asking ppl who run n2o and wat they had to upgrade for there n2o
Old 04-17-2011, 02:27 PM
dwtjr3
5th Gear Member

with a wet kit you do not need new injectors. But getting a new pump isnt a bad idea. I got a focus pump
Old 04-17-2011, 02:44 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

So much for the blower vs nitrous debate, i see that you've made up your mind lol. For the money i think you'll be happy with it. BTW, weren't you planning on a 150 the other day?

That's correct, if it's a wet kit the stock injectors are fine, and so is the stock fuel pump with your current mods and a 100. Like dwtjr3 said , it's not a bad idea to upgrade the pump though. The window switch is not totally necessary either, but i'd highly recommend it if you have a manual.

I'm curious why you're getting the Edlebrock intake and fuel rails? Do you have big mods in mind?
Old 04-17-2011, 02:48 PM
03SonicBlue_GT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mrtstang
So much for the blower vs nitrous debate, i see that you've made up your mind lol. For the money i think you'll be happy with it. BTW, weren't you planning on a 150 the other day?

That's correct, if it's a wet kit the stock injectors are fine, and so is the stock fuel pump with your current mods and a 100. Like dwtjr3 said , it's not a bad idea to upgrade the pump though. The window switch is not totally necessary either, but i'd highly recommend it if you have a manual.

I'm curious why you're getting the Edlebrock intake and fuel rails? Do you have big mods in mind?
ya quit on the debate and just bought something to settle my mind. and i have a auto. i am going to get the jmod for like 80bux also and a sct tuner. i want a aluminum intake just because i am running nitrous dont like plastic and upgrade fuel rail y im there.
Old 04-17-2011, 02:57 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Well just so you know, the stock intake will be totally fine with the juice, and will most likely make more overall n/a power than the edlebrock with your setup. Also the stock fuel rails will be able to support much more power than you'll be making.

Just thought you'd like to know, since like most of us, i'm guessing that you don't have a money tree in your back yard lol.
Old 04-17-2011, 03:12 PM
03SonicBlue_GT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mrtstang
Well just so you know, the stock intake will be totally fine with the juice, and will most likely make more overall n/a power than the edlebrock with your setup. Also the stock fuel rails will be able to support much more power than you'll be making.

Just thought you'd like to know, since like most of us, i'm guessing that you don't have a money tree in your back yard lol.
i just figured the intake runners would be bigger and flow more air. im just trying to think of a few things to put on to help out the overall hp with this kit. no money tree but i have a currency printer in my basement....lol
Old 04-17-2011, 03:14 PM
Bpohlman13
3rd Gear Member

Youll definately want a window switch. The accufab plenum wont bolt up to the edelbrock manifold though. Youll either need to make/ buy an adapter plate, or get an edelbrock or 6061.com plenum. If youre planning on doing all this work, id suggest the 6061.com plenum. Only issue is that you wont be able to use the egr valve. Wouldnt be an issue if your state doesnt have crazy emission laws like we do in california.
Old 04-17-2011, 03:20 PM
03SonicBlue_GT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Bpohlman13
Youll definately want a window switch. The accufab plenum wont bolt up to the edelbrock manifold though. Youll either need to make/ buy an adapter plate, or get an edelbrock or 6061.com plenum. If youre planning on doing all this work, id suggest the 6061.com plenum. Only issue is that you wont be able to use the egr valve. Wouldnt be an issue if your state doesnt have crazy emission laws like we do in california.
if i dont need the intake yet then i wont replace it quite yet and if i do then i would just go with the polished pro products, the only reason i said edelbrock is because bit of a money crunch right now. and emissions is not a question around here.
Old 04-17-2011, 03:25 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 03SonicBlue_GT
i just figured the intake runners would be bigger and flow more air. im just trying to think of a few things to put on to help out the overall hp with this kit. no money tree but i have a currency printer in my basement....lol
One thing you have to remember is that unless this is going to be a dedicated nitrous car (which i'm guessing it's not) 99% of your total driving will be n/a. With that said, you should try to spend your hard earned money on maximizing n/a performance. Things like after market intakes will most likely cause you to loose power over the majority of the power band. I'm guessing the fuel rails won't hurt n/a performance, once the whole car is tuned correctly, but it won't help one bit. It will just hurt your wallet lol.

It's up to you obviously, but personally i'd go for things like gears, full exhaust, tb/plenum, cams, etc...long before intakes, fuel rails, etc.

If you want more power on the juice, just run a bigger jet...problem solved lol.

Last edited by mrtstang; 04-17-2011 at 03:28 PM.
Old 04-17-2011, 03:36 PM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

Keep the stock intake, no need for the Eddie.

Quick Reply: What do i need with NO2 kit???