4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

What to do now??

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 06:49 PM
Moonshine
5th Gear Member

Wait a minute... 42lb injectors?? Whaaaaaaa?

Tune, longtube headers, and gears. You can always do stupid crap like intake tubes and throttle bodies and UDP's if you want. Minimal gain though. TB's are great for throttle response. Weld in subframe connectors greatly improve the 'seat of the pants' feel while cornering. Our subframe cars are NOTORIOUS for weak floorpans. SFC's are great if you're really pushing the cars limits during cornering. Also good for lifting. Pick a side and pump pump pump and both come up. Cooooolll.

Staggered wheels/tires add a great look to the car. Also create a VERY predictable understeer situation. Predictability is KEY in performance driving.

Like PurpleIcedGT said, tell us what your goals are and we will definitely help you come up with a way to get there.

Welcome to the world of the Mustang.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:35 PM
Itsme03gt

Originally Posted by Itsme03gt
Hello this is my first post on this forum board and plan to stay because of the car i gots

I have a 2003 mustang gt and the list of mods can be found in my signature.

I was wondering about the sct programmer and a few other add ons. My car has true duals too but no headers and that will be fixed soon but again sct programmer. I was wondering that it already has the program for the new intake and injectors and CAI but would i ahve to reprogram if i get a new Underdrive pulley system and the shaker hood in place of the CAI.

(list of soon to be) Well it is an automatic :/ but i can live, it has the stock tranny and stock rear gears. I plan on getting the shaker hood headers, underdrive pulley system, and cam swap(and of course new valve springs.)
I dont know how to change sig : / but the injectors idk about those lol i dont know why i typed that i must have been drunk or sumtin lmao...BUT back to car i bought the mach 1 chin spoiler and mesh delete kit and that will be here wednesday, thanks for all the replys guys and ive done more research on gears and understand them now. To who ever had the automatic shift kit where did you get it how much and how long ago...ive looked and looked and cant seem to find them, and the shaker hood...i have a better idea, but that will be intailed in another post later when i get it all figured out of how im going to do it