4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Tinted My Tails, Stay or Go?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 12:50 PM
hpwrestler220
6th Gear Member

I would go flat black EVERYTHING if i had a white car...

In between the tails, lower valence, spoiler.

Bang uppppp
Old 05-10-2011, 01:41 PM
Dave19525
2nd Gear Member

Looks good. Any darker might be too much. With wheels and other accents you are doing it will be great looking.
Old 05-10-2011, 04:01 PM
MustangGt40th
2nd Gear Member

Looks real good! I wish I had that kind of luck when i did mine. I ended up ruining them and had to buy the smoked ones off of AM.

And those black FR's will look sick.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:51 PM
MustangLouver
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mrtstang
I like it. Goes great with the other black accents, and the black FR500's will really set it off.
Not sure if I'm getting Fr500s or just painting my stock rims black for now. Decisions decisions...

Originally Posted by MCxQubed
that looks really good , definitely stay
Thanks! It's definitely staying now that I've had it on for a bit, I really like it.

Originally Posted by natedog
First of all, looks great. I tinted my tails and say it is the way to go, esp on white Stangs. One question tho... If you were unsure about tinting them, why would you paint? If you didn't like them you would have to spring for a whole new set of lights vs. just peeling it off if you went the other route. I did the stick-on tint for exactly that reason.
It wouldn't take but about 15 minutes for me to sand it off and rebuff the tails back to stock. Plus, it was cheaper for the VHT than it was for the stick on tint. I like it, and once I have black rims, I think it will look even better.

Originally Posted by kugzgt
Looks nice
Thanks!

Originally Posted by PurpleIcedGT
Looks nice, however I say No-Go on the black spoiler....
No spoiler? or Stay white?

Originally Posted by hpwrestler220
I would go flat black EVERYTHING if i had a white car...

In between the tails, lower valence, spoiler.

Bang uppppp
Your car looks amazing. You have me thinking about just painting my stock rims black, and getting 10.5s out back and using the extra cash to get smoked headlights and darker int

Originally Posted by Dave19525
Looks good. Any darker might be too much. With wheels and other accents you are doing it will be great looking.
Thanks. It's getting there

Originally Posted by MustangGt40th
Looks real good! I wish I had that kind of luck when i did mine. I ended up ruining them and had to buy the smoked ones off of AM.

And those black FR's will look sick.
Thanks! If I don't get FR500s, then my stockers are going to be black, and the extra money will go towards headlights and HIDs, with some darker window tint.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:16 PM
MustangGt40th
2nd Gear Member

I got my smoked headlights with the silver side markers for 70 bucks on ebay and my HID'd for like 40 from DDM extra. I'd just get the FR's. Shouldn't take you long to save back up for Headlights and HID's. Just my opinion tho lol
Old 05-12-2011, 10:20 PM
MustangLouver
3rd Gear Member

I got my smoked headlights with the silver side markers for 70 bucks on ebay and my HID'd for like 40 from DDM extra. I'd just get the FR's. Shouldn't take you long to save back up for Headlights and HID's. Just my opinion tho lol
With school it will be another 2 months or so before I can afford the rims. but 18x9/10 will be nice. Plus I won't need new tires and I can probably sell my stockers for $400 or so. I'll have to see how it goes.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:25 PM
MustangGt40th
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangLouver
With school it will be another 2 months or so before I can afford the rims. but 18x9/10 will be nice. Plus I won't need new tires and I can probably sell my stockers for $400 or so. I'll have to see how it goes.
I sold my stockers on ebay with completely bald (im talking baby butt smooth) Fuzion ZRi's for over $300 so you should definitely be able to get 400
Old 05-12-2011, 10:28 PM
MustangLouver
3rd Gear Member

I sold my stockers on ebay with completely bald (im talking baby butt smooth) Fuzion ZRi's for over $300 so you should definitely be able to get 400
I sold my v6 stockers for $350 on craigslist. Hopefully I can get $400. The tires have a good 15k-20k miles left on them.
Old 05-13-2011, 09:36 AM
mustangmancp
5th Gear Member

Looks good man im tinting my 3rd brake light today! Hope it turns out that nice!
Old 05-13-2011, 11:15 AM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

Who cares what a bunch of us schlubs on the internet think? If you like it...

Quick Reply: Tinted My Tails, Stay or Go?