4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Is it wrong to have a BULLITT plate on a regular GT?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 01:52 PM
Schmalgar
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by H0SS302
the differences that make a Bullitt a Bullitt are huge if you ask me.. short of it not being a 4v, the differences are almost the same as a cobra.

Different seats, cluster, trim, body parts, performance parts, individual numbering ect.

can anyone tell im bitter I never found a Bullitt? lol
Perhaps I not know exactly what a Bullitt is then? I admit that... I thought it was a slightly better intake good for about 5hp, a stiffer suspension, and some visual mods like the spoiler delete and gas cap? Guess I need to check it out...
Old 05-18-2011, 02:08 PM
boduke0220
6th Gear Member

the differences that make a Bullitt a Bullitt are huge if you ask me.. short of it not being a 4v, the differences are almost the same as a cobra.

Different seats, cluster, trim, body parts, performance parts, individual numbering ect.

+1.

I say dont do it, its not a bullitt.
Old 05-18-2011, 02:59 PM
2k1gt
5th Gear Member

If I saw your car on the streets with a Bullitt plate I would laugh, but at the end of the day it's your car...
Old 05-18-2011, 03:32 PM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Schmalgar
Perhaps I not know exactly what a Bullitt is then? I admit that... I thought it was a slightly better intake good for about 5hp, a stiffer suspension, and some visual mods like the spoiler delete and gas cap? Guess I need to check it out...
Basically a Bullitt is the prelude to the Mach 1. Ford pretty much just said lets take everything we did with the Bullitt, add a cobra motor and put a shaker on it. Same suspension, same exhaust, same seats, cluster(mach 1s just have a silver cluster backing).. ect. I wish Ford would have given the Bullitts a 5.4 with some light mods and called it a GT350 like the OG.. that would have been a Bullitt done right.
Old 05-18-2011, 04:21 PM
Xemeth
5th Gear Member

I don't really see the point. It's not like the Bullitt is worlds ahead of a run of the mill GT like a Cobra is.

I can kinda see the temptation of putting Cobra badges on a GT. The snake looks cooler than the horse or just "GT", Cobra sounds cool, and most people know what the **** a Cobra is.

I just don't know why you'd wanna put Bullitt on a GT. It doesn't make any sense to me. If you're gonna rebadge a car for what it's not, don't half-*** it.
Old 05-18-2011, 04:24 PM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

^I agree 100%.
Old 05-18-2011, 06:59 PM
jeh4269
3rd Gear Member

I don't think there's anything wrong with puting other badges on your car.As long as you don't try to pass it off as something it's not.Op you could tell people it's a GT not a bullitt and that the two are very similar from the factory.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:15 PM
Repzard
4th Gear Member

The OP can do what they want..its their Mustang.

I say lock it.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:32 PM
DRAGUL
5th Gear Member

It's only a license plate not much different then putting you're name on it. I do not see the license plate as re-badgeing a car. It's you're car at the end of the day.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:30 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

Originally Posted by Repzard
I think its fine..A Bullitt is a GT Its a license plate

Its not like your sticking Cobra badges all over the car.
Now to me thats a sin and something it isnt and will never be

No offense to Uberstang..His car is the closet thing to a "real" Cobra and can get away with Cobra badges IMO.
I hope you're being sarcastic lol
Its gay. But its your car. lol

I just dont understand what the fascination is with badging stuff as something its not. I have no issues with someone putting stuff on their car thats from a different flavor.. but why badge it as something its not. If you bought a GT leave it badged as a GT. The only people who even understand WTF the differences are anyways are just going to point out the differences and call you out on it.

I just dont get it. lol
+1

Originally Posted by BraMas
Yes at the end of the day it is your car and do what you want but people are going to see your plate and think your a tool. So if you can live with people laughing at your car by all means go for it
Yep

thanks hoss for covering for me since I found this thread late
Basically a Bullitt is the prelude to the Mach 1. Ford pretty much just said lets take everything we did with the Bullitt, add a cobra motor and put a shaker on it. Same suspension, same exhaust, same seats, cluster(mach 1s just have a silver cluster backing).. ect. I wish Ford would have given the Bullitts a 5.4 with some light mods and called it a GT350 like the OG.. that would have been a Bullitt done right.
god that would've been awesome.

Quick Reply: Is it wrong to have a BULLITT plate on a regular GT?