4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Skyline vs GT

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 07:38 AM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

What year Skyline are we talking about ?
Old 06-15-2011, 08:17 AM
Jay-rod427
3rd Gear Member

I have raced a brand new one at the track several times, and it is surprisingly slow, but could be the driver. This one consistently only runs low 14's. They are also pretty heavy, factory claims 3,800+lbs. That is similar to the brand new camaro and challenger which I have also beat, they have alot of power but are heavy and get shotty traction.
Old 06-15-2011, 08:27 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Originally Posted by teej281
No skylines in America until the r35. It must be shipped in. But bud, when they came stock with over 320hp and he obviously has work done to it that car will send you home with your tail between your legs. I don't even think that with a blower on your car you'd beat him honestly. Usually you'd have dog racing to show it to an import but his awd kills you there too. You're SOL without a lot more work.
Thats goin a little far, it really depends on which skyline it is there not all fast, thanks to hollywood people here skyline and they think its the fastest thing going. I read the original post wrong, alot of those mid and late 90s skylines are not fast at all, were ralking 14s and 15s which a gt could walk over. Theres a few of em locally and they get stomped om all day everyday. So saying u need a fi gt to beat a skyline is vey far from the truth because if the car hes talkin about is one im thinking of ( i dont know numbers cause i can careless about imports fast or not) a blown gt would rape it hardcore all. Unless Paul walker is drving it and jumps it off a raised boat gate 100 feet with no damage, toooo fast fo yall yo.
Old 06-15-2011, 08:47 AM
Franchi
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by LilRoush
What year Skyline are we talking about ?
This. Kinda pointless to debate until we know which Skyline he is referring too.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:10 AM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

What is this the TamponForums? Its a 20 year old skyline. Gods finger never touched it.

Race the damn kid. Drive the sh8t out of your car and come back here and tell everyone that you just beat it.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:28 AM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

It doesn't matter what year it is. They all had the RB26DETT motor, and with modification to make 430awhp(claimed) which can be done quite easily, means it's no slouch. Before I was into muscle cars, I was into JDM stuff. You all Think you know what you're talking about...but you all are probably off. That car with stock turbos is capable of that much power and probably more honestly. People that buy these cars need to learn how to drive as they make the cars look bad. Because they are fast cars. They are not as forgiving as mustangs are. Turbo'd cars, with bad drivers, is the worst possible combo. Make a bad shift and you're screwed, especially with a car with a small 2.6l inline 6. That car without a doubt in my mind would blow the doors off any bolt on GT. With a blower setup, you'd probably have a decent chance at taking him. But with 250rwhp and 4.10's he's gonna beat you hands down.

And über...respect is due where respect is due. A fast car is a fast car, and considering your car was made from parts primarily made in Canada, your mindset is kinda comical. Toyota and Honda currently make more vehicles in the USA than Ford, GM, and Dodge do. Welcome to the 21st century!
Old 06-15-2011, 09:34 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

I just checked my globe, cananda is on the continent of america lol sorry teej i love ya but i gotta ball bust. Thlse old skylines still get walked all day long at numedia all summer running 14s and 15s. They said there still waiting for sanctioned highway start at 70mph roll brackets.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:52 AM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

Last time I checked, Canadians are more French than American and last time I checked you wouldn't do any dig racing because you were worried about your torque boxes
Old 06-15-2011, 10:00 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Torque box fix coming next week along with custom sub frame connectors, pretty pumped. Hopefully be at numidia drag way soon, steves runnin his too so far the clutch seems fine which shocks the hell out of me
Old 06-15-2011, 10:03 AM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Year of the Skyline does matter more than anything else in this off topic thread... The first gen Skylines knocked out a whopping 160 hp (about half that number for tq) and had a sedan option. And just because Nissan didn't sell them in the US doesn't mean they aren't here.

Quick Reply: Skyline vs GT