4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

might be insane but.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 05:01 PM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by sn95_331_GT_ yellow
haha hell no it isnt mine thats my company rig, im upgrading to an International ProStar here in a week or 2 tho, i cant wait!!!

if i was gonna buy my own truck its be an International LoneStar HD edition

i like 13, i do regional, sometimes out to Detroit or TX and its all dry van so 1 gear each in the basement is enough!!! i almost never start outside of 5th or 6th anyways unless im on a hill.

although....... the other day i got to rock a Pete 379EXD with straight pipes OMG I WANT ONE!!!!!

or one painted up like Optimus Prime (yes id do it)
i still have mufflers on mine, the petes look bad ***, but at my old job i had a brand new 2011 prostar day cab (got it with 630 miles on it maxxforce 13 motor) and i was getting 8.7 mpg pulling wiggle wagons up and down the hill here with it, there nice trucks, interior is georgous and car like. i took a huge pay cut from that job but 2am starts the dirty office politics, etc just couldnt deal with it anymore

i personally hate cummins motors, my boss's 06 565 ISX never wants to start below 30* and there a bitch to shift, my old 425 fires up below 0 no problem, We also have a 04 tractor with a 600 cat, want to talk about a truck that will move a mountain. i always start in low gear though regardless, clutchs are expensive, use as little as possible, that and my uncle smashing my knee with a hammer when i was learning helped alot to.

pete and KW are both made by paccar, IMO for a tractor pete KW for a tri axle with the spring ride (i hate air ride straight jobs, feels like your going to roll)
Old 07-06-2011, 07:01 PM
sn95_331_GT_ yellow
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mustangman02232
i still have mufflers on mine, the petes look bad ***, but at my old job i had a brand new 2011 prostar day cab (got it with 630 miles on it maxxforce 13 motor) and i was getting 8.7 mpg pulling wiggle wagons up and down the hill here with it, there nice trucks, interior is georgous and car like. i took a huge pay cut from that job but 2am starts the dirty office politics, etc just couldnt deal with it anymore

i personally hate cummins motors, my boss's 06 565 ISX never wants to start below 30* and there a bitch to shift, my old 425 fires up below 0 no problem, We also have a 04 tractor with a 600 cat, want to talk about a truck that will move a mountain. i always start in low gear though regardless, clutchs are expensive, use as little as possible, that and my uncle smashing my knee with a hammer when i was learning helped alot to.

pete and KW are both made by paccar, IMO for a tractor pete KW for a tri axle with the spring ride (i hate air ride straight jobs, feels like your going to roll)
dude i just realized you live like right down the road from me lol. what company are you at now and where did you leave?

small world lol
Old 07-07-2011, 06:54 PM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by sn95_331_GT_ yellow
dude i just realized you live like right down the road from me lol. what company are you at now and where did you leave?

small world lol
used to work at J polep in chicopee pulling wiggle wagons and 53' reefers, dirtbag company stay away currently working for normandea trucking in west springfield, 6 trucks, great company, pays not to great though. hopefully about to jump this spring to start making some real money, where are you at?
Old 07-07-2011, 07:25 PM
sn95_331_GT_ yellow
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mustangman02232
used to work at J polep in chicopee pulling wiggle wagons and 53' reefers, dirtbag company stay away currently working for normandea trucking in west springfield, 6 trucks, great company, pays not to great though. hopefully about to jump this spring to start making some real money, where are you at?
ugh did my 6 months for Werner... actually wasnt that bad bad, i had a BRAND new Freightsaker Cascadia and the paperless logs werent too bad, not too crazy about the 10spd and 63mph governor... got out and did some more time at a shop, then started shuttling containers at the CSX railhead (ok job but still not great).

im trying to get somewhere like Webster, BH (i think thats it, they use a bunch of ProStar daycabs) or something else local...
Old 07-07-2011, 07:45 PM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

ugh werner...... i wont hold it against you. B&H isnt bad, they wanted me to go there when i was laid off, but im not leaving my current job unless i can start at atleast $22 an hour and 50 a week. AC motor express isnt that bad either, or PFG in springfield, CTS in ludlow. if you were to do a year local polep would be great to start, but once you get past the year they start to screw you (missing hours out of your check, changing runs on you etc) the only thing i liked was you were peddling product so it kept you in shape more so then my current job and you worked 4 days a week i was doing 4 14s = 56 hrs in 4 days, occasionally 5 days and id run around in a van on a friday. ohh how nice it was being 18 and making 50k a year i hate paperless logs, theres no way to smudge the books