4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

What do you think about buying these stock wheels?

Old 07-12-2011, 01:42 PM
Tommy079
3rd Gear Member

Default What do you think about buying these stock wheels?

There's a guy selling these wheels for $300. I got him to say $250. Right now I have the stock starfish wheels which I pretty much like, but he is selling these wheels that come with the premium GT package.

I offered him $150 and he was "offended" and came back with $250. I said if he didn't find a buyer that I'd give him $200 if he was ever interested.

It's just I found the staggered Black Bullitt's with chrome rims that I really like for around $100 each and it was also buy 3 get 1 free at the time. So I can't see spending $300 on stock wheels when i can practically get brand new wheels and exactly the ones I want for the same price. To be honest I don't even know how I feel about the $200 I offered him. $35-$40 a wheel sounds fair to me.

The only issue is that buying new staggered wheels means buying new tires and i can't afford all that right now. So really it would be nice to have wheels the same size as what I have now so I could just swap my current tires over for now.

What do you all think?
Attached Thumbnails What do you think about buying these stock wheels?-01-wheel.jpg  

Last edited by Tommy079; 07-12-2011 at 01:48 PM.
Old 07-12-2011, 04:35 PM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

I hate when I'm selling something and people offer me a ridiculously low price for it. I wouldn't even have responded to your offer.

With that said I would just save up for the wheels you've been wanting.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:25 PM
Repzard
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by WannaBeGearHead
I hate when I'm selling something and people offer me a ridiculously low price for it. I wouldn't even have responded to your offer.

With that said I would just save up for the wheels you've been wanting.
^^^ I agree with what WBGH said.

@ Tommy
If the rims are in good shape theyre worth 300 easy.
1) theyre a Cobra wheel as well On 99 Cobras
2) Theyre a OEM Ford wheel, Not a after market replica. Worth more right there.Keep that in mind Tommy

Tommy I would save up for the wheel you wanted.
A.M has great deals , But do yourself a favor and pay the extra cash for the Nitto's tires. Dont get Summi's !!!
You will regret it getting those tires, JUNK JUNK JUNK JUNK.

No Offense A.M
Old 07-13-2011, 08:34 AM
BraMas
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Repzard
^^^ I agree with what WBGH said.

@ Tommy
If the rims are in good shape theyre worth 300 easy.
1) theyre a Cobra wheel as well On 99 Cobras
2) Theyre a OEM Ford wheel, Not a after market replica. Worth more right there.Keep that in mind Tommy

Tommy I would save up for the wheel you wanted.
A.M has great deals , But do yourself a favor and pay the extra cash for the Nitto's tires. Dont get Summi's !!!
You will regret it getting those tires, JUNK JUNK JUNK JUNK.

No Offense A.M
those are not a 99 Cobra wheel! they look nothing like a 99 cobra wheel
Old 07-13-2011, 08:38 AM
Tommy079
3rd Gear Member

Those are the GT Premium wheels. I don't know what they call them...they're basically just like the Bullitt wheels:

http://www.americanmuscle.com/anthra...eels-9404.html

I wasn't intentionally trying to low ball him. I just knew what brand new wheels would cost me so i figured half of that would be fair for used stock wheels.

But I'm glad to hear that you guys think they're worth what he's asking. And it sounds like $250 would be a pretty decent deal. I guess $60+ isn't bad for a nicer style wheel than my starfish. Thanks again.

Last edited by Tommy079; 07-13-2011 at 08:43 AM.
Old 07-13-2011, 08:41 AM
Bmitchell373
2nd Gear Member

Get what you want and buy new tires, its just really hard on them changing wheels. I found a set of supposedly factory 03 cobra chrome wheels for 400 that i need to go look at.
Old 07-13-2011, 08:45 AM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

I sold my wheels exactly like those with somewhat useable tires for $200. We're all in this together guys. It's pointless to gouge someone. Those wheels are not worth $300. They are at least 7 years old, if not older, and who knows if the lips have rash, if the barrel of the wheels is in decent condition, or if around the lugs there are scratches from someone putting them on wrong.

I'd stick with paying nothing more than your $200 offer.
Old 07-13-2011, 08:55 AM
Tommy079
3rd Gear Member

I think I was fair about how I got to the $200 price. I emailed him and asked what was the lowest he was willing to go. He said $250. I replied and said, "I was hoping you would say something like $150...but that's probably too low huh?" He said, "yeah, that's too low".

So I replied and said, "well if you don't find a buyer and would like to meet in the middle at $200 then I'll take them off your hands."

So I wasn't lowballing him. Just bargaining to get to the price that I thought was right. I am encouraged that you think $200 is a good price for used wheels.
Old 07-13-2011, 08:59 AM
MCxQubed
5th Gear Member

just do it the way u want the first time, theres no point in buying wheels that have the same tire size when your probably gonna end up buying the wheels you want in the future anyway
Old 07-13-2011, 11:38 AM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

If someone offered me 50% of my asking price on anything, I'd be pissed too. Prices will vary... some sell cheap, others can get top dollar. I sold a set of Bullitts like that with tires for $500.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What do you think about buying these stock wheels?