4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Those of you running 55W HID's..

Old 09-21-2011, 08:19 AM
amoosenamedhank
5th Gear Member

I just don't understand the mentality surrounding this subject. You're not the only person on the road. Why does every other driver on the road deserve to be blinded by your lights just so you can see better?

I just don't understand the "**** the world, it's all about me attitude". If I don't like it, look away? That sure sounds safe while driving 70mph down the road.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:38 AM
JRad405
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by zero2005
anyone know where to get some damn decent somewhat reasonably affordable projector lights? the ones on Americanmuscle.com are not HID suitable...
I think depo lighting may have something suitable for mustangs. Its either depo housing PR lighting. I can't remember and I don't feel like navigating on my phone at the moment. Wasn't someone the forum selling their retro fit ones?
Old 09-21-2011, 10:56 AM
Moonshine
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by amoosenamedhank
I just don't understand the mentality surrounding this subject. You're not the only person on the road. Why does every other driver on the road deserve to be blinded by your lights just so you can see better?

I just don't understand the "**** the world, it's all about me attitude". If I don't like it, look away? That sure sounds safe while driving 70mph down the road.
It's really not that big of a deal. No ones lights are going to be debilitating to any driver.
Old 09-21-2011, 11:38 AM
crash
BrandofPoop

Originally Posted by Moonshine
It's really not that big of a deal. No ones lights are going to be debilitating to any driver.
That's a pretty ignorant statement you got there buddy. You can't possibly say that for every person on the road. Just sayin.....
Old 09-21-2011, 01:11 PM
Moonshine
5th Gear Member

I have yet to see someone literally STOP their car because someone else's lights are blinding them.
It's not an ignorant statement. I have driven past bright lights. I have been on front of lifted trucks. I have had to watch the white line while driving.

Quit being nancy's.
Old 09-21-2011, 01:28 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

Originally Posted by Moonshine
I have yet to see someone literally STOP their car because someone else's lights are blinding them.
It's not an ignorant statement. I have driven past bright lights. I have been on front of lifted trucks. I have had to watch the white line while driving.

Quit being nancy's.
You're 1person out of hundreds of millions in this country moony. Just cuz you havent seen it doesn't mean that it hasn't happened. I'm sure it's a rare thing but it's still an ignorant statement. Who is to say that they won't lose track of the road and hit you? But I'm just playing devils advocate
Old 09-21-2011, 02:21 PM
Moonshine
5th Gear Member

I'm a realist. What can I say?
Old 09-21-2011, 10:22 PM
vargas
2nd Gear Member

^^^^
I love it when on coming cars flash their high beams at me, now thats ignorant...obviously they don't know the differece between standard lights and HID lights. Bottom line...I can see the road much better and anticipate any sudden reason to brake or swerve out of the way.
Old 09-21-2011, 10:25 PM
vargas
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by hpwrestler220
Did you have to get the relay harness? And are they significantly brighter than 35W (basically are they worth it)?

I currently have 35W 8000k in my headlights and foglights but i'm tired of it. I used to love the blue color but now i'm just sick of it. Besides, ever since I put my smoked headlights on 2 years ago, i lost a lot of visibility of the HID.

I'm thinking about pumping it up to 55W headlights 5k and just getting new bulbs for my foglights (3k). I think i can pull the look off and i'm hoping it will SIGNIFICANTLY increase visibilty.

Anyway, i'll be selling my headlight HID's which have nothing wrong with them... Maybe $30 shipped? They were worth $150 when new 3.5 years ago =/ They work great and are very bright with the stock housing from 99-04 but once they get in the aftermarket smoked housing, they can't cut through enough for my liking.
I got the harness and yes they are significantly brighter... You will be happy you upgraded to a higher wattage. I have smoke cobra lights and they are brighter than my cousins clear headlight on his charger...he's running 35W@ 6k while i'm running 55W@8k. They light turns out to be the same shade...slight tint of blue...barely noticable.
Old 09-22-2011, 01:35 AM
kingrukus
2nd Gear Member

I have had a lot of problems with my HIDs. I bought the high/low halogen/xenon kit, and the day-time running lamp mode causes the low-beam xenons to flash. Eventually I ended up blowing 3 ballasts! I read online that the wiring on the bulb socket needs to be swapped, and a harness needs to be used to get these things to work right? In the mean time i switched back in the stock halogens.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Those of you running 55W HID's..